Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Its almost our turn NY >

Its almost our turn NY

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its almost our turn NY

Old 10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default Its almost our turn NY

One more week fellow NY'ers then its our turn
I'm going over to check my stands tomorrow after we had some high winds the other day, and check my trail cam. Got to make sure all is still tight and clear. Then I wont go back till next Saturday. Good luck and be safe everyone. We want to see pics of BBD not a hospital report
Old 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dyb3and88
One more week fellow NY'ers then its our turn
I'm going over to check my stands tomorrow after we had some high winds the other day, and check my trail cam. Got to make sure all is still tight and clear. Then I wont go back till next Saturday. Good luck and be safe everyone. We want to see pics of BBD not a hospital report
I am doing the exact same thing as you... GOOD LUCK im so excited, hopin this is the year i can finally get a nice buck!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Spike

Default One Week and Counting

New string on my Bow.Brand new arrows,New Rage 2 blade. All sighted in,The stands are up, My 2 sons are chomping at the bit, They were off school today and shot about 3 hours. We are ready. The trail cams are really showing alot of Deer, At least 2 nice 8pt and 3 6pt tons of Doe. The freezer will be full soon, Saturday morning we will be hanging out in the trees watching and waiting.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

I am ready...temps are in the 50's, damp, and the deer are on the move...
Old 10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
G92
Fork Horn

heck yeah!...just got my broadheads..cant wait!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:46 AM
Fork Horn

Yep, 1 week from today. Getting kinda nervous (Opening day always does that to me). I'm shooting well at the range. I just have to wash all my hunting clothes and put new blades in my Muzzys.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:04 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Doefever
Yep, 1 week from today. Getting kinda nervous (Opening day always does that to me). I'm shooting well at the range. I just have to wash all my hunting clothes and put new blades in my Muzzys.
I never wash my cloths. I have them hanging out right now. I leave them out for about a week. The last day I spray them down good with some sent killer, then let them dry. Then I will put them in a bag till I put them on opening day.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Horseheads: I'm with you. I'm taking the first week of archery off in order to BP hunt up in the High Peaks of 'Dacks. Then hitting our area around the rt.13 corridor for archery for a week, then back to the 'dacks for a week, then back here for two weeks, then back to 'dacks for last week of season in Northern Zone after thanksgiving.

I've been biting at the bit so hard, it's about chewed in half!
Old 10-10-2009, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Exactly 7 days to go!! Weather is looking good up till Friday...so hopefully the weekend stays equally as good.

I pulled my cam from hunting territory the other day and stuck it in our woods (14 acres). See what's moving through.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by crokit
Horseheads: I'm with you. I'm taking the first week of archery off in order to BP hunt up in the High Peaks of 'Dacks. Then hitting our area around the rt.13 corridor for archery for a week, then back to the 'dacks for a week, then back here for two weeks, then back to 'dacks for last week of season in Northern Zone after thanksgiving.

I've been biting at the bit so hard, it's about chewed in half!
Thats where I live, up rt 13. the weather is going to get cold Sunday night into Monday morning, down into the 20's. Extended forecast is saying rain showers opening day. Thats a week away, so I hope the rain goes away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.