Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
which broadhead flys the most like a field point? >

which broadhead flys the most like a field point?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

which broadhead flys the most like a field point?

Old 10-08-2009, 01:48 PM
Spike

Default which broadhead flys the most like a field point?

like the title says of your experience which broadhead flys like a fieldpoint?
Old 10-08-2009, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The truth is no broadhead flies like a field point but some are better than others and more forgiving.A broadhead will always be more prone to wind planing and flying off course due to torque or other variables like wind.

The key is to tune your bow and arrow combo so that MOST broadheads will impact with FP's when conditions are perfect so that when they are not perfect,you still have a better than average chance of making a quality shot on game.

Generaly speaking,smaller cut heads and shorter profiles along with mechanicals will be the closest to a field point.

Last edited by TFOX; 10-08-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

thats a good question.....per rages website :

RAGE’s streamlined 3/4" dia., along with its HexFlat™ design, make it fly like a field-tip. The machined aircraft aluminum body features HexFlat™ design for stable flight, with a stainless steel instant-cut tip. The cam-deployed rear blades follow the tip without grabbing or deflecting, even on an angled hit, and are guaranteed to deploy before entry, maintaining full kinetic energy.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by IOWAWHITETAILS
thats a good question.....per rages website :

RAGE’s streamlined 3/4" dia., along with its HexFlat™ design, make it fly like a field-tip. The machined aircraft aluminum body features HexFlat™ design for stable flight, with a stainless steel instant-cut tip. The cam-deployed rear blades follow the tip without grabbing or deflecting, even on an angled hit, and are guaranteed to deploy before entry, maintaining full kinetic energy.
nearly all manufacturers claim they fly like fielpoints. And they typically will, IF the bow is tuned properly. A poorly tuned bow will even fling mechanicals off coarse.
Old 10-08-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty new to bowhunting, been shooting for a few years now. Anyways, I can say that Spitfires have shot well for me. That's just one suggestion.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

slick tricks work well for me
Old 10-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Slicktricks seriously fly better then any broadhead I have ever shot.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bowhunterny
like the title says of your experience which broadhead flys like a fieldpoint?
Depends on how your bow is tuned.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

People often blame the broad heads when the fact is most will fly well. The larger the head the more air it will catch and therefor must be tuned properly. So either tune the bow or use a low profile head so you can get away with an untuned arrow.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Like others have said, if your bow is tuned right, then any one should. That being said, I have had the best experience with G5 Strykers and slick tricks. As well as my bow is tuned, I still cant get Muzzys to fly right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.