Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where would you hunt? >

Where would you hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where would you hunt?

Old 10-07-2009, 04:52 PM
Spike

Default Where would you hunt?

This weekend is full of options and i think overall my buddies and i have a pretty good plan to set up on some deer Saturday morning, but i can't help to look at all of the options and wonder what "if."
Two of us are planning on lining up across some hardwoods about 100 to 150 yards from a freshly cut corn field, while the third will be fairly close to the field so he will be able to do some recon of the area. The way the field is designed all of us will be stationed off an inside or outside corner. I think it is a great plan to stay near the corn to catch them coming from the bedding area towards the field. My dilemma is there is a stand deeper in the woods, but closer to the bedding area that has me thinking ol'bullwinkle might just be cruising around there and snacking on them acorns until dark before he enters the field.
What do think? Should i go all the way in to the deeper stand(waiting for more rut activity) or stick to the group plan?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sat a feild opening day, after seeing nothing, I figured the deer were staying in the woods with the acorns until dark. So the next day I get in my bedding zone stand, and what'do ya know. 7 does and a nice 8 munchin on acorns for 2 hours.

But thats just my area, and my decision. Its up to you