Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thermoacell

Old 10-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default thermoacell

has anyone got a deer with their bow while using the thermacell mosquito technology.

i am jus wonderin if the deer can smell it too?
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

I have quite succesfully. It does not seem to bother the deer and I feel it may help cover my scent
Old 10-07-2009, 03:38 PM
Typical Buck

last saturday and sunday i had deer down wind a few yards away while using the thermocell with just the regular pads not the earth scent ones and i didnt get winded? seems to really work on the skeeters too
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Same here. I filled all my tags last year using regular Thermocell. Shot my all time best within 14 yards with the Thermocall going.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have not gotten anything while using mine, but I have had deer within 15 yards of me, and they dont seem to even notice it.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

I would not use it if I thought it would hurt my chances. I honestly belive it covers my scent and definetly chases off the skeeters.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

You bring up an interesting point though. I am going back out this weekend. I will set my Thermocell under my feeder and see what happens. should be interesting.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jlsherr
You bring up an interesting point though. I am going back out this weekend. I will set my Thermocell under my feeder and see what happens. should be interesting.

i havnt bought one yet, but i would love to hear what happens if ya can remember to put it out.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jlsherr
i cant wait to hear how it turns out! ive wanted one for a while.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:52 AM
Spike

Default thermocell

I use the thermocell every time I hunt in the early season when skitters are brutal here in Florida. I refresh my pads with a permithirin mixture which is bought at hardware stores here at 38 percent. I cut it in half to make it 19 percent. then I simply soak my old pads for a minute or two at most and then air dry. I have found out the pads don't last forever and I have always been scrounging for new discarded pads near hunting areas. People who throw the pads away are my friends. I pic them all up along with other trash I see. I then re-fresh them for about 6 times before they swell and are harder to get into the thermocell. I have been doing this for years and finally got my thinking hat on and came up with a idea which will catch on after this is read. I found on ebay where there were one inch wide lantern wicks for sale. They are usually 8 inches long. I have been testing them for a while and after soaking them and drying them as usual they work PERFECTLY in the THERMOCELL !!!!1 I have hunted and blogged and toiled for a replacement pad and this is the ANSWER we have been looking for. Pass this information to every one. You heard it from the ROWMIN GOAT!!! I am cheap and I refill my butane too. There is much out there already on how to do this but now no scrounging for old pads. I have kept my lantern wicks at 8 inches for now but you can cut them as you wish. They cost about 2 cents to refresh and the heat from the Thermocell does not burn the wick after 3 hours use in 90 degree weather here in Florida in the summer time. I bought my wicks for 99 cents each with free delivery so they are cheap. Hunting season starts here in Florida on September 15th and I will be ready. !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.