Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
And there he was.... >

And there he was....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

And there he was....

Old 10-04-2009, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default And there he was....

The wind blows down over the ridge with an icy chill into the bottom where I'm posted, watching, listening, waiting for the opportunity to present itself. I almost have to check myself for my menstrual cycle as I start to get cold on the third of October. Suddenly I look up and there he was 100 yards away standing in all his glory, proud as could be scanning the field, watching, waiting, listening for the smallest noise to set him off. He's truly the dominant one of the area, You could just feel it by how he was standing there. Not a fear in the world, Little did he know, The Real top dog was sitting 27 feet up watching him through the Bino's. Then he starts to move, almost as though he's on a string My hearts pumping with adrenaline now as he works his way closer and closer to my hide. I cant believe its all coming together right here in front of me a Truly mature Brute is walking directly at me. He's 50 Yards now, walking directly at me. Soon I wont be able to see him from the branch.... Perfect time to get set for whats about to go down. He moves closer and closer now every step he takes shoots a chill down my spine I cant take it anymore!! He's 30 yards But I cant see him for the tree I'm in. Finally He breaks to the right and starts down the trail 12 yards in front of me 10 more steps and he's in my best lane of them quartering away 15 yards from my position!!! I watch as he walks into it and I stop him. He looks up at me And I laugh at him He's mine for the taking now.....

I left him walk.... He may have been a Boone and Crockett but I wasn't quite sure if House cats were in season. A True Giant. Getting the free pass from My7pointmonster.

Boy Oh Boy, I hope I fooled some of you with that. My opening day consisted of 1 sighting.... A BIG Smoke colored House cat. A tom cat on the prowl.

Hope you enjoyed that.

Ryan.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I actually did bite and I did enjoy it. Way to put a good spin on a so so encounter. Very good.

Good luck your next sit.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha Thanks Rob. I like to have fun with it what can I say really.

Ryan.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

You had me hook-line-sinker. Great read!! Sorry it didn't work out. Maybe next sit.

Dan
Old 10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very good. I had a visual but it was not what I thought.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad. Not bad at all.

I'll bet it was tough letting the cat walk, though.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have no idea.

Ryan.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

haha that was good, i quick scrolled to see pics, didnt see any so i actually figured you missed him! then i read all the way to the end... you had me real good! good luck next hunt!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awww man, I was scrolling down for pics before I finished reading!! Ryan!! You got me bud, good stuff!!
Old 10-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha awesome story, certainly had me fooled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.