Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Re-thinking my strategy?? >

Re-thinking my strategy??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Re-thinking my strategy??

Old 10-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Fork Horn

Lightbulb Re-thinking my strategy??

As some of you may recall I posted this link to my hunting area some time back and asked for some advice as to how everyone would hunt it.

As it is right now I have a ground blind just West of the hwy.in the woodline of an alfalfa field (cut). I also have a climber set up set N of a bedding area, over looking the same alfalfa field.

When looking at the map you will see a few fields of what is corn and beans, both getting ready to be harvested.

SO as I am sitting in my tree stand last night I see 2 Doe head thru the Alf. right acrossed where I just came in and head to the corn, and as I am walking back in I spook one headed from the corn.

That is when the pondering began..thinking ahead..should I be set up over the corn along the tree line which would also over look the Alf putting the bedding area about 150 yds out so thinking when the Ag. is harvested the deer will move into the area for a food source.

I have added push pins to give some idea as to what I am thinking.....thanks all.

This is tough land to hunt but it is what I have.and its whippin' me!

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...!122&encType=1
Old 10-04-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Damon,

Go to where you see your does while they are going about there normal routines an not pressuried. Maybe you will then learn where they go when they are pressuried. The bucks should not be to far off.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:00 AM
Spike

i would say hunt the south tree line because there you can be away from the road and also get a chance at hitting on the way to that sand quary or maybe that north west corner these two would be my best choice you. It looks like that Northwest corner has access to woods, food, and water. The birds eye view makes that place look dynomite and the places you have look good but that NW corner might be able to get you a shot