Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Got my first hang on.... >

Got my first hang on....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got my first hang on....

Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got my first hang on....

...well i have been ground hunting with no success...in fact all the deer i have even seen are bc i scared them walkin in or out anyways it was suggested to me to get a hang on and move it quiet a few times until i found a good spot...and the more i thought the more it seemed like a good idea....i bought a wally world 50 dollar stand....im pretty excited about it....i have never hunted a hang on stand so im sure it will be different...especially tryin to use screw in steps and gettin the right length apart and the right tree and etc....anyways i was just curious to some tips for finding spots for hang ons....do's and dont's....anything helpful.....i scouted today and found no spot for a stand let alone camera so im pretty down about it now...any help would be so appreciated...
Old 10-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

sounds like you need to do some more scouting. try to find a a tree that has a slight lean back to it that way you can recline a little once you sit down. never hang it ona tree that leans forward unless you love bein hunched over.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Spike

just a reminder - don't forget your harness & tie-off rope
Old 10-07-2009, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ttt just a few more answers would do