Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Where to hang Thermocell >

Where to hang Thermocell

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where to hang Thermocell

Old 10-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Where to hang Thermocell

Where do you guys mount your thermocells? Do you strap it vertical to the tree above your head or do you strap it horizontal to the base of your treestand? I hunt with a Lonewolf Alpha & I strapped it horizontal to my base last weekend, but I have to be careful not to step on it. Seems to me that the vapors rise, so if I strap it to the tree over my head it might not work so well. I'll experiment tomorrow morning, I'm just wondering how every one else does it. Also does a thermocell work better upright or laying down or it's not affected? Thanks - Rich
Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I usually have it at my feet whether I am in a tree stand or ground blind, if I am doing a spot and stalk then its clipped to my waist.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Fork Horn

update - I now hang my backpack behind my right shoulder in the tree - the thermocell clips onto a loop on the top of my backpack - works great - for skeeters that is - I was pounded by yellow flies for most of the day - those buggers would even land on the thermocell when they weren't harrassing me - the only thing that stops them is killing them - still had a great day in the woods - saw 1 bear, 1 GIANT bobcat, 2 coons, 1 gator, 1 owl picking off a squirrel & several other squirrels - spent 12 hours in my lonewolf - a new record for me - my wife can't imagine spending 12 hours in a tree - I can't imagine NOT spending it - it was Heaven even with no kill - I love to disappear into the swamp & become part of it - yesterday did my Soul a world of Good ...
Old 10-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

They say you should lay it flat. I try to put mine on the platform of ahy ladder or tree stand I am in. I carry a real small strap to strap it in place. Nothing worse than kicking it off and to the ground.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default Thermocell

I bought a thermocell last year. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I was not at all impressed. To test it out, I sat outside one night when mosquitoes were thick. Some of them actually landed on the Thermocell (and me)
Old 05-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Fork Horn

Did you have the blue waffer in and was it turned on?
I hunt East Tx. and we are covered up with them, until the thermocell comes on. Even the Nats are gone!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default Thermocell

Ya, the wafer was in and turned on. I can only guess that the wafer was close to being used up. I'll try again this year.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

i want to buy a thermacell badly.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

I have velcro on the base of my tree stand towards the back and I put my there behind my feet.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

If you don't have one you need to buy the 15.00 Thermocell Holster..you can get it from the Walmart online store with 96 cents shipping

I have a Summit Backpacker..Teh holster has a built in adjustable strap with it.I strap mine to the front bar..WOrks like a charm.

While turkey hunting..I just lay it on the ground in front of me.It's supposed to have 15 foot protectection...not sure about that but it works up close..

If the lone wolf looks like I think it does..I'd make a bracket that you could screw into the tree..one that would keep the unit laying down flat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.