Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Busted!!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Spike

Angry Busted!!

I was hunting last night and had a nice doe out in front of me broadside at 20 yards eating corn. She didn't seem to notice me whatsoever, but when I tried to draw my bow back, she bolted without warning. Any tips on what I can do to conceal myself or my treestand so I can draw back? I have fairly decent cover behind me and in front...
Old 10-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just move really slow and draw when they have their head turned or behind something. I hunt some 15 foot ladder stands that have no cover in front but good break up cover behind me. Knowing when to draw is something you'll learn with experience. A deer has a large viewing area and can pick up movement but a still object they cant pick out as well . If you can, set your stand so that other trees or objects are between you and the deer. That gives you time to draw and not get busted.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes this happens, like was stated before wait for a good opportunity to draw when they are behind something or looking the other way.

Is your draw noisy? (arrow scrapping the rest) try to quite that down if it is.