Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hows My Form?

Old 10-01-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hows My Form?

How's my form? and Don't be shy, I don't care you won't hurt my feelings.
Thanks

Ryan.

Hows My Form?-img00077.jpg

Hows My Form?-img00079.jpg
Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

DL looks a bit long to me.. first picture really shows it in my opinion..

Hard to tell much with that baggy sweatshirt on, but dammnit its cold in PA right now..
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd shorten your draw length by 1.5" minimum, possibly 2"
Old 10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Spike

DL at least an inch long...prolly a couple inches
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow really? I've always shot the same D.L. How can I tell? Great Info actually, but I Don't think I've ever encountered a problem, I may have and just not known it however.

Awesome, Thanks guys.

Ryan.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Being that stretched out your groups are suffering. (And from time to time so does your left arm most likely.)
Old 10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would agree with the above. You are leaning back with your upper body at full draw which can indicate to long of a draw length, your elbow is also pointed down slightly vs. being in a straight line with the arrow which is also an indicator. Your upper body should be set evenly over your feet shoulder width apart. Shortening your draw length will enable you to stand up over your left leg better at full draw as well as putting your draw arm in a better position.

Shane

Last edited by sr77; 10-01-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you think that the ground being sloped towards the camera and I'm also Aiming up a slight hill would have affected the pictures in anyway because I didnt think to move to flat ground I just said to my friend, Hey snap a picture of me shooting, then I figured 2 would help a lot better. I'm 6'3 with a finger tip to finger is 72.5 inches if that helps at all. Just let me know Because If it will change how I look in the pictures, I'll do it on flat ground.

Thanks for the Input, What do you guys think my DL should be?

Ryan.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster View Post
Do you think that the ground being sloped towards the camera and I'm also Aiming up a slight hill would have affected the pictures in anyway because I didnt think to move to flat ground I just said to my friend, Hey snap a picture of me shooting, then I figured 2 would help a lot better. I'm 6'3 with a finger tip to finger is 72.5 inches if that helps at all. Just let me know Because If it will change how I look in the pictures, I'll do it on flat ground.

Ryan.
what is it now? just drop and inch to start and go from there...you should be able to draw a perfect "T" with the vertical line down the center of your body and the horizontal being your arrow, with parallel lines runing horizontal with your elbow and your shoulders...make sure you keep your shoulders straight under your hips...to start try to take the lean out of your stance by straightening out and putting more weight on that front foot to help you do that...you should be able to tell then that your draw is too long...
Old 10-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster View Post

Ryan.
Nah man, your left arm is a bit straight, the string should ideally be touching the tip of your nose, and you are leaned back pretty good. that will hurtcha in the long run I would say shorten your draw an inch and a half and go from there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.