Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
My Illinois morning hunt >

My Illinois morning hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Illinois morning hunt

Old 10-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default My Illinois morning hunt

Well guys had a pretty good morning here in Illinois except the dang wind wouldnt cooperate and forced me to leave at 10. The first two deer i seen were a doe and a young fawn which suprisingly had a few spots left. I decided to pass on the doe. Then i had a small 4pt and a small 6pt came in and i passed on those two. Around 830 or a little after i have about a 120 class 8 pt. come in at 16 yards and after looking him over i decided to pass him up. After that the wind shifted and i decided to get down but seen movement behind me so i waited. About 20 min. later i had about 10 turkeys come in and feed for about a half hour. After they left i then decided to get down because the wind was terrible and seemed like it was always blowing in a different direction. And also need to finish up cutting a field of beans before the rain moves in.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Typical Buck

sounds like you had some movement despite the wind.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 AM
Spike

i definitely woulda let the hammer down on the 120" deer! ha you got more restraint than me! sounds like you had a fun mornin though
Old 10-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a good first morning to me. Suprised you are going to be able to get in the field today, we had rain last night and still raining this morning. What county are you in?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

sounds good man..got to see 4 does..they are movin with this cool weather
Old 10-01-2009, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

in perry county. it didnt rain to much last night just a little bit it may be a little damp but i just want to finish up the field. It hasnt rained at all today yet.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's raining at home now, predicting rain most of the night at the spot, Hope the deer are out moving in the morning because I will...
Old 10-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

my afternoon hunt after work was spoiled by the rain. held off just long enough to finish work...bad day