Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Razorbak 5???

Old 09-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Spike

Default Razorbak 5???

I was just given 4 of them, whats the good and bad on them? Thanks
Old 09-30-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot them in the late 80's. They flew good with my setup at the time. They were 140+ grains if I remember correctly....Really not any negatives about them, other than they might be hard to find now.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also used to shoot them back in the day. I remember they had a scalpel sharp edge and the head rotated.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot RB 4's they were in ded 140 gr nothing negative but they are heavy and out of date, I wouldn't necessarily recommend using them jsut cause someone gave them to you, they did need tuning, use them as yote or fox arrows but tune your bow to something you will use for years
Old 10-01-2009, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

I shot those heads for years and they would fly great, as long as they would spin. I would take the insert off and hit the shaft with some light sandpaper. Then put a light coat of rem oil on the shaft. If you blow on them and they spin your good to go
Old 10-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

I still have a set of them and the practice tips as well. I only switched just because. No real reason. They are heavy but shot great.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunted with them for years, back in the 80s I think. They flew great..... BUT the blood trails sucked. They're less than an inch and really don't put a lot of blood down. I shot a lot of deer with them.... but NEVER had an easy blood trail. Too many good broadheads out there to go with these. Dump 'em or shoot woodchucks with them or something... but don't use them on deer.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Typical Buck

im pretty sure they dont make them anymore, they were made by NAP although they were replaced or re-named which i cant remember right now...they were great BH for me.