Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
G5 Striker question >

G5 Striker question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 Striker question

Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default G5 Striker question

Hey, I just bought a fresh new pack of Strikers and put them on my arrows when I noticed something that looked a little weird. There is about a fingernail-sized gap between the ferrule and the washers that hold the blades in place. It looks like either the ferrules are a fraction of an inch too short or the blades are a fraction of an inch too long. I screwed the heads in as tightly as I can and fiddled with setting the blades in about for about an hour with the same results. Is this normal? It seems like there shouldn't be any gap between the head and the washers???
Old 09-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Spike

I just looked at mine, and I dont see any gaps. At least there shouldnt be any...
Old 09-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Brian K
Hey, I just bought a fresh new pack of Strikers and put them on my arrows when I noticed something that looked a little weird. There is about a fingernail-sized gap between the ferrule and the washers that hold the blades in place. It looks like either the ferrules are a fraction of an inch too short or the blades are a fraction of an inch too long. I screwed the heads in as tightly as I can and fiddled with setting the blades in about for about an hour with the same results. Is this normal? It seems like there shouldn't be any gap between the head and the washers???
Are you referring to the fact that the washers should be flush with the bottom of the ferrule when screwed on tight, but the blades are preventing this. If so, i have the same broadheads and mine have a little space as well, but are otherwise screwed on very tight with no play at all.

shane
Old 09-30-2009, 04:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Could be that your inserts aren't big enough. Not saying that's what it is just throwing it out there.

Ryan
Old 09-30-2009, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sr77
Are you referring to the fact that the washers should be flush with the bottom of the ferrule when screwed on tight, but the blades are preventing this. If so, i have the same broadheads and mine have a little space as well, but are otherwise screwed on very tight with no play at all.

shane
Yes, the blades are preventing the ferrule from screwing in flush with the insert, so there's a little gap. Seems like it should be flush.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

I just called G5 and they said the blades "should stick out a little bit in order to be locked into place." So I guess it's normal.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you put a picture on here for us to troubleshoot it better?

Ryan.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think they did that to help prevent loose blades. If it fits perfectly flush you could run the risk of the washer not putting enough pressure on the back of the blades to keep them tight. I wouldnt worry about it as long as it spins true and the blades are solid.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

I don't know how to post pictures, but I think the last poster was right as far as locking the blades in place. At least that's what the G5 guy said. It freaked me out when I first saw it, but maybe it isn't that big of a deal after all.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

What G5 told you makes sense. there is no play in the blades, but you will notice small indentations i the washer if you ever take it off. Atleast I do, mine are screwed on really tight.

Shane