Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
wow thats some power >

wow thats some power

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wow thats some power

Old 09-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buttonbuckmaster
Why are you shooting a haybale if you bought a Glendell buck? Haybales (w/o some sort of backstop) aren't a good target if like to keep your arrows.

No doubt. Thought the same thing. its a wonder the haybale stopped any of the arrows..
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be careful bigtim, I think you have a very understanding neighbor ... I would find a different place to shoot, or a target that will hold your arrows. Good luck this season.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

First the shed. We both kind of forgot it. The shed is kind of rough so i do not think he really cared as it has alot of holes. But i am going to offer to fix.
Second i did buy the glendale full rut. I bought a big round hay bale not the small square ones. I was sighting my new sight in and was sighting it in and forgot to follow the arrow. It took two adjustments and it went from going high left to higher left to holy crap i hit the broad side of a shed. lol
I am thinking getting some square bales and stacking them two deep do you think that will help. If i go with the square bales i will move it back against my house.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it went through a big round hay bale.....and a sheet of plywood..... thats some bow.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot into a hay bail for many years. When I got my first compound in 1978, a Jennings Super T, the arrows started to go right through the hay. Shooting into the end of the bail stopped the arrows better than shooting into the side.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tim, whatever hay you buy, take a ratchet strap or two and go around the bale and tighten. THis will make it harder for the arrow to go through. I would make damn sure of what's behind it. Please tell me it is just the shed and not any houses at all.