Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Back from the Yukon with moose in tow >

Back from the Yukon with moose in tow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back from the Yukon with moose in tow

Old 09-29-2009, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on a huge bull!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, that sounds like so much fun! Great Job!
Old 09-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job, congrats! Sounds like an incredible trip...
Old 09-29-2009, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats kelly,sounds like fun.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congrats Kelly!! I know it had to be quite challenging at times that is for sure. As well as nerve racking when a big bull like that is coming in to you. I will be trying for a moose here this October and will be hoping to get a shot at it with my bow. They are also scared of man here. But if you can catch them when they are in rut they can get stupid and brave as well.. I hope I have the luck you just did that is for sure. Congrats again on such a hugh moose..
Old 09-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kelly,

Too cool, congrats!

I loved every second of your story! Guides can be your best friend or your worst nightmare. Sounds like you got the former. So, may I ask, did having a guide in any way diminish your hunt? I have never been in agreemant with those who say using a guide is "cheating". What are your feelings on the matter after you have experience your first guided hunt? Would you use a guide again now that you are an experienced moose hunter (outside of Canada of course)?
Old 09-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the great moose, some day i would like experience that feeling for myself, a moose in the yukon

Great looking animal
Old 09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Willie
Taking about a guide!! I would dedfinatley go the guide route to learn the ins and outs of moose hunting. I did the other night with the best of the best whom I'm lucky to have as a best freind. Well I did it solo tonight and had a 22pointer and his bell touched the water as he walked towards me.
Talk about having your back against a wall, LMAO I just couldn't get him in closer than 70 yards and that I did twice. I also had another answer me from my blind side and he caught wind of me as I got a quick glimpse of him as he smashed through the bushes to get away. The moose are rutting hard as I heard the 1st bull 1/4 mile away across a valley grunting with every step before I gould get to him. Now I need to learn to stay ahead of him so that he dosen't smell me.
Oh yeah Kelly that is one majestic animal to have tearing down every peice of shrubery and trees enroute to your position huh! lmao Congrats to you.Great read
Rocky
Old 09-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet Rocky, I agree about the in and outs, but who is doing the learning? In most cases, and especially with a good guide, information flows from guide to hunter and from hunter to guide-two like minds working together towards a common goal. I'm wondering if that was Kelly's case. I would love to hear his input.

Again Rocky, you are one lucky hombre! I imagine you're hunting bear too? Let's us know when the bell strikes the ground, eh?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:22 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome! Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.