Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Late season archery hunting trip >

Late season archery hunting trip

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Late season archery hunting trip

Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Late season archery hunting trip

Hey guys now that me and my one hunting buddy are in our sophomore and junior years of college we hardly have any time to hunt with eachother or even hunt at all for that matter. We got talking and were thinking of taking a hunting trip over christmas break during late season archery. Basically because money is limited we want to be able to hunt without a guide for not much money other than travel and tags and still have a chance to shoot some big bucks. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what state would be good for this or even a specific area that could work for us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont know how far you want to travel. I see in your avatar you are from PA. Maybe try Ohio.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

we are willing to travel any distance
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just threw out Ohio as it would be close .
Old 09-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

for one your choices will be limited to where you can buy over the counter non res. tags. would start by seeing who offers that and then go from there.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Spike

hey im hunt4lifes buddy we are both from pa and with late season being the one time we both have off from school we figured it would be a perfect time to get a small trip together, hunt new lands and hopefully chase some nice bucks. we were talking about iowa or ohio as they are not too far and have some great potential for some bruisers but we aren't worried as much about distance as we are the deer hunting itself we are trying to find out as much as we can before we make the plunge into tags and everything, it would be like a week long hunt on public lands. We are pretty fair archery hunters and have had good luck in the past on hunting new lands but we are far from being great and are looking for any advice, tips, past diy trips, do’s and dont’s that we might encounter on our trip. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mikey30067
hey im hunt4lifes buddy we are both from pa and with late season being the one time we both have off from school we figured it would be a perfect time to get a small trip together, hunt new lands and hopefully chase some nice bucks. we were talking about iowa or ohio as they are not too far and have some great potential for some bruisers but we aren't worried as much about distance as we are the deer hunting itself we are trying to find out as much as we can before we make the plunge into tags and everything, it would be like a week long hunt on public lands. We are pretty fair archery hunters and have had good luck in the past on hunting new lands but we are far from being great and are looking for any advice, tips, past diy trips, do’s and dont’s that we might encounter on our trip. Thanks!

Can you still get non resident Iowa tags??

Perhaps western /northwestern Ky.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:40 PM
Typical Buck

www.goldenacresoutfitters.com
We can negotiate a late season price no problem.. We have ground in Pike and Brown counties.. with the economy so rough we don't have many guys coming in this year so hunting pressure will be VERY LOW.. so late season is expected to be great on our properties... either pm me or email me and we can negotiate a trip to fit your needs..
[email protected]