Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
who in wisconsin hunts in >

who in wisconsin hunts in

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who in wisconsin hunts in

Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default who in wisconsin hunts in

the south kettle moraine state forest? absolutely no luck there for me. Can't even spot a single deer. Haven't seen any hunters bagged a deer since opening day.. WTF?

Place must be dead of deer or something...
Old 09-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Fork Horn

With CWD around, the wardens have been sharpshooting to thin the herd. Not sure if they are infiltrating the South Kettle Moraine State forest but I was at a bowhunting class 10 days ago and the guest warden to our class that covers Waukesha County listed one of his skills and tasks as warden as being a sharpshooter taking care of the CWD problem. Might explain the reduced deer in our area, especially with the CWD incident around McMiller where an infected buck escaped a deer farm two years ago.

Last edited by W9ARcher; 09-28-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Fork Horn

crapp.. need new spot now
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Spike

I'm not seeing any in KM north either. All of the deer just seemed to disappear. And they plan to extend the gun season. WTF??
Old 09-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by monster6
I'm not seeing any in KM north either. All of the deer just seemed to disappear. And they plan to extend the gun season. WTF??

damn and i was thinking about going there this weekend.. looks like i'll have to go to lacrosse or eau claire... but damn FAR!!!

man, i bought my PSE omen a month or 2 ago and is really looking forward to use it....

Last edited by soulless; 09-29-2009 at 05:18 PM.