Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin??? >

sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

sidearm allowed while bow hunting in Wisconsin???

Old 10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
If you guys are scared of running into bears and wolves while bowhunting, maybe then you shouldn't hunt with a bow but maybe stick to guns? I just see it as a bit odd wanting to carry a gun while hunting with a weapon that is supposed to be primitive. In my view you shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Plus the odds are better that you will get killed in a car accident going to your hunting spot than you ever might run into a man eating bear or wolf!
i have to say none of the bows today even compare to primitive
Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 PM
Dominant Buck

In NC you can't carry even if you DO have a CCW permit.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you guys are scared of running into bears and wolves while bowhunting, maybe then you shouldn't hunt with a bow but maybe stick to guns? I just see it as a bit odd wanting to carry a gun while hunting with a weapon that is supposed to be primitive. In my view you shouldn't be able to have it both ways. Plus the odds are better that you will get killed in a car accident going to your hunting spot than you ever might run into a man eating bear or wolf!
Thats a funny post right here! Hey Steve I got a feeling the bow you hunt with is FAR from primitive!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd be the first one to tell you guys that modern bows are far from primitive. But the hunting itself is supposed to be in a more primitive style, that is why they give you guys separate and longer seasons outside of the gun season. You want to hunt with a bow, then guns should be left at home. If you are afraid of bears and wolves, maybe then you should take up checkers or knitting where chances are slim that one of these critters will attack you.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GMMAT
In NC you can't carry even if you DO have a CCW permit.

Yup. Same with New York. Definitely cuts down on the number of deer taken with a " Super Arrow "
Old 10-07-2009, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd be the first one to tell you guys that modern bows are far from primitive. But the hunting itself is supposed to be in a more primitive style, that is why they give you guys separate and longer seasons outside of the gun season. You want to hunt with a bow, then guns should be left at home. If you are afraid of bears and wolves, maybe then you should take up checkers or knitting where chances are slim that one of these critters will attack you.
I don't see why you feel the need to care or make ignorant comments on how someone hunts as long as its legal?
Old 10-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Typical Buck

Old 10-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can carry a hand gun while bow hunting if you turn in your man card first.
I've been hunting northern Wis for many years without one and I ain't been et yet
Old 10-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys need to forgive Steve, as he also doesn't for a moment beleive that more lawful people with CCW's would make anyone any safer, even the person carrying, so why would he beleive that we, as hunters, should have the choice of carrying a CCW while hunting, to protect ourselves. Steve just doesn't think more guns will make anyone any safer.
If I ever encounter a mtn. lion, bear, wolf, or a bad guy in the woods, it should be my CHOICE as to weather I have a CCW to protect myself. It sure beats waiting on the cops to show up after wards.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not supposed to here in Missouri ain't no dangerous 4 legged animals where I hunt BUT there are some trustees of modern chemistry(read meth cooks)around here and there have been times when I have carried a handgun while bowhunting.I know,I know it's illegal and all that but as a wise man once said "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6" I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.