Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
New Bow Advice........Help >

New Bow Advice........Help

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow Advice........Help

Old 09-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default New Bow Advice........Help

I'm seriously thinking about buying a new compound. I set up a Bear Truth 2 for a friend of mine and was impressed with it. I think it sells for about $550 stripped down. Anyone else here have that bow? I'd like to hear from you. If you have a competitors bow that you feel is a better bow for the money, Id like to hear from you too.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:22 AM
Spike

That's not a bad price for the truth 2. Ya might wanna check out the lights out also. By all means shoot several before ya decide.Bear makes a decent bow for the money.Iv'e owned several of them and been well pleased with them. Especially the price.If your not wantin to spend $900.00 on a bow,then Iwould recommend the bear lineup! By the way what part of W.Va. I'm from Tucker County !

Last edited by 2bowhunter; 09-26-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Bear and Diamond are (in my opinion) the best bows for the money. I shoot several different brands of bows a year and have been very pleased with those two brands. That being said my personal bow is a hoyt katera which i absolutely love, but if i was buying a new one i would certainly consider these two brands.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the PSE bow madness line compares to the truth in price and performance. They are pretty nice bows, so you may wanna go check one out.

Oh, and the new Hoyt TurboHawk!! They are 500 after the 50 dollar rebate. They are pretty much the same as the alpha max series which are awesome. Id really give that one a try. They are nice!
Old 09-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ya wanna buy 1? or 2? lifelime warrenty is all i gotta say
Old 09-26-2009, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

my friend has the truth 2 and to be honest they arent as good as they hype... they are pretty slow, to me parker is better!!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bought an 07 Darton tempest extreme for my daughter, very nice. Guy who owned it won several tournaments with it. It was $350. Just bought a recurve for my boy, a pile of fun. It was $50.

If the bear fits what you want it for... Seems kind of pricey to me. I'd do some homework and buy used for that price. Several good bows that don't come with baggage just getting broke in that guys sell only because they want the new one.

Never shot a bear but I have pulled some, didn't care to go any farther. All I know about them.

Hows the customer service?
Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

not sure if you are allowed, but my choice is a pse crossbow.works well and gets the job done
Old 09-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

By the way what part of W.Va. I'm from Tucker County !
I live in Putnam County.

Thanks everyone for your input. The thing that impressed me with the Bear was how well built it was and how quiet it shot. It drew really smooth compared to my Browning Vanguard LX. I've taken 14 deer in 5 seasons with my Browning so I may hold off until after deer season.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by drockw
Oh, and the new Hoyt TurboHawk!! They are 500 after the 50 dollar rebate. They are pretty much the same as the alpha max series which are awesome. Id really give that one a try. They are nice!
Winner Winner Chicken Diner!! The Hoyt Hawk Series has no competitors in the mid range priced bows.