Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Stand Location ? >

Stand Location ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stand Location ?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Spike

Default Stand Location ?

Hey everyone I have been hearing some guys say hunt near buck rubs and some saying to stray away from that. Today I found a location on my farm where there are about 7 different rubs in a 20 ft area on a logging road. Was wondering if that would be an awesome spot to hunt or where I should go from there?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hoyt919
Hey everyone I have been hearing some guys say hunt near buck rubs and some saying to stray away from that. Today I found a location on my farm where there are about 7 different rubs in a 20 ft area on a logging road. Was wondering if that would be an awesome spot to hunt or where I should go from there?

deer dude

good luk, to each his own on that one, personally id see how big the trees that r split, and if they r big then i'd be there, but if they r small trees split, i would jus stay where i have been set up foreve, on my plot basically, but i have moved my stand b4 and seen some nice buks, never got a shot though, they were never 30 yrs or closer from the rubs, dunno why...

btw, if u r seein the rubs and u don go out much, chances are they have all the velvet off their rack and a few good rattles should bring them to you...they will be wantin to play with their new rack they jus got...
Old 09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

yeah that one is really on you... I would stick a cam on the trail first to see if he is comin through often, and if he a Buck you would like to Hunt for!!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd give it a shot.