Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Holy crap, my dad got the monster!! Pic's inside... >

Holy crap, my dad got the monster!! Pic's inside...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Holy crap, my dad got the monster!! Pic's inside...

Old 09-24-2009, 07:36 PM
  #1  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
pheasantfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,499
Thumbs up Holy crap, my dad got the monster!! Pic's inside...

Here is the deer that I posted awhile back that my dad got on video. He killed it tonight, and WOW, he is a monster!! He green-scored at 176
These are just cell phone pics, but dad will have digitals when he gets home...



pheasantfanatic is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:41 PM
  #2  
Nontypical Buck
 
fingerz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Eldred, PA
Posts: 1,667
Default

Wow, very nice. Did you post pictures of him prior to the season in a guess his score type thread? It would be nice to see how close some of us were.

Tell dad damn good job on the buck!
fingerz42 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:43 PM
  #3  
Nontypical Buck
 
wingchaser_labs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Trempealeau, WI
Posts: 1,138
Default

A dandy. WCL
wingchaser_labs is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:45 PM
  #4  
Nontypical Buck
 
BOWHUNTER818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dover, De
Posts: 1,125
Default

DADDY GOT HIM SELF A WALL HANGER!!!!, Great buck congrats to him cant wait to see the Digital photos...

-NICK
BOWHUNTER818 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM
  #5  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
pheasantfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,499
Default

Originally Posted by fingerz42 View Post
Wow, very nice. Did you post pictures of him prior to the season in a guess his score type thread? It would be nice to see how close some of us were.

Tell dad damn good job on the buck!
Yes I did. We thought that he was an 8 pointer, and most of the guys guessed him at 150. But now that he is on the ground, you can see that he's a non-typical. He scored 176
pheasantfanatic is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
  #6  
Nontypical Buck
 
fingerz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Eldred, PA
Posts: 1,667
Default

I just did a little searching and saw you did have a thread asking his score. It looks as if that deer is a main frame 9 (?) In the score thread you thought it was an 8 point so a bunch of guys underestimated his score thinking he was only an 8. Hell of a buck!
fingerz42 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 PM
  #7  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
pheasantfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,499
Default

Wish I would have had the chance to let the air out of him, instead of him taking a muzzleloader bullet

But I'm really happy for him. He earned this buck. He's spent a lot of time scouting him and figuring out how he was traveling, etc
pheasantfanatic is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 PM
  #8  
Nontypical Buck
Thread Starter
 
pheasantfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: North Central Kansas
Posts: 2,499
Default

Originally Posted by fingerz42 View Post
I just did a little searching and saw you did have a thread asking his score. It looks as if that deer is a main frame 9 (?) In the score thread you thought it was an 8 point so a bunch of guys underestimated his score thinking he was only an 8. Hell of a buck!

Yep, he's a 9 with junk
pheasantfanatic is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:53 PM
  #9  
Nontypical Buck
 
fingerz42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Eldred, PA
Posts: 1,667
Default

Originally Posted by pheasantfanatic View Post
Wish I would have had the chance to let the air out of him, instead of him taking a muzzleloader bullet

But I'm really happy for him. He earned this buck. He's spent a lot of time scouting him and figuring out how he was traveling, etc
Hell yeah. A buck like that doesnt get big by being stupid. You guys definitely did your homework and it paid off. Now if I could only get fifth graders to do their homework.
fingerz42 is offline  
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
  #10  
Fork Horn
 
stickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Huntersville, PA
Posts: 215
Default

Congrats to your dad. That is a tremendous animal!

Wayne
stickler is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.