Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dang rain!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs down Dang rain!

Well its been raining pretty much non stop for the past 2 weeks here in Tn,im not talking about all day rain,but some days it has been all day,but mostly just showers here and there.Well our bow season opens Saturday and they are calling for 80% chance of rain!! I mean come on,give me a friggin break,i've only waited all year for this day to get here and its gonna rain! Im still going,I don't care,little water never hurt no one,actually I know a few people who could use it!! LMAO Anyone else feel my frustration?
Old 09-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rain doesn't stop me from hunting or fishing. It's been raining here in Texas a lot too, hopefully our lakes will get full again.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good for food plots
Old 09-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by 1shotkill1993
Good for food plots
.........x 2
Old 09-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Spike

Don't curse the rain, use it to your advantage....too many people don't hunt in the rain and are missing out on some of the best hunting of the year because you can stalk up on a deer without it ever hearing you....Last year I walked up on 3 bucks feeding in the light rain and killed one of them...they are very comfortable feeding and moving during the rain as long as it's not windy.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by justo270
Don't curse the rain, use it to your advantage....too many people don't hunt in the rain and are missing out on some of the best hunting of the year because you can stalk up on a deer without it ever hearing you....Last year I walked up on 3 bucks feeding in the light rain and killed one of them...they are very comfortable feeding and moving during the rain as long as it's not windy.
Amen Brother! I love hunting in the rain.
Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

They will move in the rain or wind or what ever .Action might be slower and more concentrated closer to the bedding areas since they dont like to move that much in that weather ,but how do you guys like your blood trails in the rain.
I hunt in some rain myself ,but that depends what type of woods im hunting if its thick stuff with lots of brush light drizzle im there,heavy rain no way ,deer can cover lot of ground in seconds ,and not worth me loosing a deer do to washed away blood trail .Now some open woods or some field hunting were i can see atleast few spots 100 yards away, hmm the rain jacket ,tree umbrella or stalking ye ill do it in heavy rain.
not trying to start any controversy just stating my opinion on the topic
the main point is you cant get them or see if they are there by sitting infront of the comp or on the couch .

so good luck to you guys this season