Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Storing Hunting Clothes >

Storing Hunting Clothes

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Storing Hunting Clothes

Old 09-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Storing Hunting Clothes

How would storing hunting clothes in a cedar closet do? There are a few cedar trees in my hunting area but not many.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2009, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I do leave them hang it's in a building were wood smoke is. If that closet is in an out building that pretty much is like being outside then I'd say go for it. If it's in your house I woudn't do it.

I have a closet where I keep my clothes in an out building, it's also where the wood boiler is which is next to the chicken coop and wood shed, in a woods. Rarely does any of my gear come in the house.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

You lucky dog nodog. Yes unfortunately mine is in a house and not an out building like yours. Thanks for the reply though
Old 09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I always keep mine (after washing them in scent free soap and drying outside for a few days) in sealed bags. We hunt hogs year around so they don't stay in there too long.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

I have an unattached 800 sq ft barn with 3 sections that includes a room in the very rear (my man cave/hunting storage room). Its completely seperate from the main barn and has some hay and I put a few pine branches in it. It has a slanted tin roof with plenty ventilation. I store ALL of my hunting clothes, backpacks, stands, blinds, etc there after washing them in scent shield detergent or baking soda. Im in a rural area, so if it gets any scent at all it copmes from the cow pastures and horse ranches that surround my house. I put them in bed of truck on may to hunt and dress after I get out of truck and start my hunt.

This year Im taking all precautions about my scent, as I feel that getting into my sites where my stands are I will undoubtedly come across a deer or two.

My 2 cents
Old 09-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went and bought one of those nice 3M containers from Walmart with the locking handles, soak it with scent killer Earth Scent, put my cloths in them and go in to the woods and fins some leaves and sticks and throw them in there and spray it down again and go from there.. I also have scent blocker stuff so scent isnt a problem but that is some of the stuff i do to make it smell DITRY!! My dad use to have a buddy that a couple days before he hunted would go out and bury them in the ground a cover them up with dirt. Little insane but it worked for him. I will stick to my plastic container..

Hope this could help..

-NICK
Old 09-26-2009, 04:25 AM
Host of Hosts

I also use a Rubbermaid (plastic will do) container. Wash clothers in scent free soap and UV killer. I use scent free Dead Down Wind Dryer sheets. Then put them in container. I get dressed in the field and spray outside of clothing with Scent Killer spay by Wildlife Research. After hunting I put them back in container. I spray everytime I got out. Wash clothes after a few hunts if warm weather occurs.