Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Zero Plane Fixed Blade Broadhead search >

Zero Plane Fixed Blade Broadhead search

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Zero Plane Fixed Blade Broadhead search

Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Check out the Hellrazors by NAP, similar design to the montecs but they are much sharper right out of the package. You'll love them, they fly great, are easy to resharpen, and are tough as nails!!
Old 09-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

My vote goes to slick tricks.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the input...I am already sure my bow is tuned.....blow nocks/vanes off arrows at 40yrds and under groupings...never have had a tune problem with my current bow......like I said in initial post...haven’t tried a fixed blade since 1993...and YES Vortec was making the 2 blade version I was using in same year...one HELL of a cutting path...but furrel was weak and set screw for blade would actually drive right out other side....anyway---looks like I got some good options to experiment with...thanks all again.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Spike

The most important thing is making sure your bow is tuned properly...If it isn't you will never get any broadhead to fly right.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by djdkman
So, back in my newbie days I attempted to use the highly hyped 100gr thunderheads...damn things wouldn’t group…..high and left...switched to Vortec and killed some deer…..got hooked on expendables....that was 1993...granted I have moved on to Jackhammer SSTs in 100gr....but..I would love to find a broadhead that doesn’t plane...I just read allot on "Zero Plane" broadheads by American broad head Company.....also read lots of G5s...my arrows are 32"s long and I run 4 inch vanes with slight helical...I am looking for a NON-PLANE fixed blade (cut-on contact or chisel) broadhead. I don’t want to buy tons of different kinds...but would settle on experimenting with a few different recommendations.

Suggestions?
Then your bow is to tuned, I tune my bow to shoot any and all broadheads and I love the thunderhead shot it for 18 yrs. After all the shooting all summer my bow gets tuned to shoot a Thunderhead 100/125 a two blade bear a G5 and then what I am shooting this year Bloodrunners and they all will hit with my field tips out to 50 yards.. Do this to your bow and you will be much happier when season rolls around.. Walt
Old 09-29-2009, 05:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Opps that should have read (your bow is NOT tuned)