Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois

Old 09-23-2009, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

Default Illinois

So next thursday is the Illinois opener. And man it just seems like the deer activity has stopped. I commute to school everyday and in the mornings i havent seen a deer in 2 weeks and when im heading home in the evenings i havent seen anything either. Not even road kill. I was talking to my buddy last night and he hasn't been seeing hardly any deer out in the fields around his place either. Just kinda weird. Have any of you other Illinois guys got this going on?
I will probably hit one in my truck on the way home from school tonight now. Thats usually how it works.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am planning on heading out to the property this weekend for a final check before the season starts. Will swap SD cards and hope that the deer are still around...LOL...I would think that the deer are hitting the food pretty good about now in preparation for the upcoming dance.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

Acorns!!!!!! They are in the woods feasting!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
The acorns here are barely dropping. But this is good! I hope they dont start dropping opening day so they will be all over them
Old 09-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Bingo!!!!

On a side note....it seems like the 2nd week of Oct. here in East Central IL...leaves are turning like crazy, bean fields almost all have turned, and most corn fields are well on there way. Most years its really green the first 10-14 days of the season....not this year....alot of yellow.