Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
opening day any one have any luck >

opening day any one have any luck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

opening day any one have any luck

Old 09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Spike

Default opening day any one have any luck

didnt go out this morning due to really bad lighting and then i went out this afternoon from 2:30 to dark and i seen 4 coons, 4 tree rats, 3 hawks, and 1 bunny. then on the way home. a doe ran into the side of my truck and left a dent but no real damage. so what all did you guys see or shoot?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:30 AM
Spike

Here in east tennessee i had my first quota hunt this past saturday and got soakin' wet. Didnt see anything but about 20 squirrels. went back saturday evening and got soaked again, saw a doe going in and 4 does not far from where i parked the jeep. maybe when the real season opens this weekend i'll have better luck. good luck to you.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

No luck opening day but went back this weekend took a doe saturday afternoon.

The rain down here in ga has been unreal.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Spike

Default update on the last two days of hunting

well i will kinda do an update. went out again yesterday. from 2:30pm to dark about 7:30pm. didnt see anything. then went back out this morning. got in the stand about 5:40am got settled in by 5:50. and sat and waited and waited. and at about 9am. had two yearling come in. nibbled at the corn. and watched them for about 40 min. then they left. and then nothing until about 10:30. then called it a day. couldnt go out this afternoon. due to getting ready for our wedding saturday. but i will be out Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. but my hopes are high. as 4 people around here shot 3 bucks. that went over 160. and one buck went over 170. so hopefully i will have one like that. walk by one day next week.

well did anyone have any luck yet?