Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
13 year old sister First Bow >

13 year old sister First Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

13 year old sister First Bow

Old 09-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default 13 year old sister First Bow

So I was shooting my bow this afternoon and my sister was hanging out with me and was really into it. I would like to get her a bow for xmas and get her started in shooting. She wants to go hunting with me next year after she takes her hunters ed and bow course.

Whats a good beginning bow for a young girl. I know she will need something with light #ege like 25 but be able to be adjusted so that its legal for hunting at 35# to 40#.

Thanks guys
Old 09-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would suggest the Diamond Razor Edge. Draw goes from 19-29" (without modules) and you can get it in 30-60lb draw. They have lighter, but I'm sure a 13yo can pull 30lbs. Its fast & quiet...and they have an accessory package too for not alot of $. They also have one in pink & black, if that is her thing. Good luck...glad to hear she's interested!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

i agree id say razor edge im looking to get one for my gf
Old 09-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Bought my son a mission bow made by matthews 19

Bought my son a mission bow all set up 19"-30" draw, 20#-52#
real easy to adjust draw length matthews makes the bow. The
price was 329.00 all set up.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
I would suggest the Diamond Razor Edge. Draw goes from 19-29" (without modules) and you can get it in 30-60lb draw. They have lighter, but I'm sure a 13yo can pull 30lbs. Its fast & quiet...and they have an accessory package too for not alot of $. They also have one in pink & black, if that is her thing. Good luck...glad to hear she's interested!
Excellent advice.
Old 09-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Spike

Got my gf a parker sidekick in pink camo last year. She really likes it, I put a QAD rest and a nice micro adjustable tru glo on it. I got it in 30-40 lbs. because at anytime you can send it in and get the 40-50lb. limbs for 50 dollars. Last year she was 19, couldn't hardly hit a big block target at 20 yrds. She wants to hunt this year and can group awesome at 40 yrds. I like the bow, its pretty fast for a 25-26 in. draw at 32 lbs. last year it was 180fps, this year she is at 40lbs. Maybe upgrade the limbs for next year to 40-50 lb. It all depends on the size of the girl or muscle. She's tiny, but it works for her, there are a lot of good choices out there, but that is what I got her and am really happy with it. Also, I think on that bow you can change draw length without a press.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Razor's Edge is a nice bow, but I would check out the Mission Menace by Mathews also...my wife shoots one and it is a great bow.