Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Slick trick noise question >

Slick trick noise question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick trick noise question

Old 09-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Slick trick noise question

Hey quick question for those of you who have shot the slick trick. Yesterday I put one together and shot it and it made an odd noise as it went through the air, not quite a whistle but more of a whoosh sound. Also it didn't shoot like my field point like its supposed to, it was off to the right about an inch at 20 yards and 1.5 inches at 30 yards. Any reason for this and would a deer hear the noise before the arrow hit it?
Old 09-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Spike

well im not sure the reason for it happening besides the design but mine make a hissing noise too and many other people have said the same thing but as for the deer i would say they would react to the bow more so than the arrow i mean by the time they heard the slick trick they would have already been slick tricked or so it seems to me
Old 09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Most broadheads will make some air noise, but I have found that the slicktricks seem to be pretty minimal.

If your bow is properly tuned, your broadheads should hit pretty close to your field points. Field points are more forgiving than broadheads because they don't compete for any control or steering of the arrow. Vanes can compensate for a slightly out of tuned bow when using field points. However, when the a broadhead starts to compete for the steering or control of the arrow, any tuning problems will show up.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Arjuna
Most broadheads will make some air noise, but I have found that the slicktricks seem to be pretty minimal.

If your bow is properly tuned, your broadheads should hit pretty close to your field points. Field points are more forgiving than broadheads because they don't compete for any control or steering of the arrow. Vanes can compensate for a slightly out of tuned bow when using field points. However, when the a broadhead starts to compete for the steering or control of the arrow, any tuning problems will show up.

exactly... mine were shooting an inch right too... tweaked things up a bit, and now things are perfect.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

They do seem to make a slight bit of noise but I feel it is moot to the deer.. As far as POI shift I would say you have a slight tuning issue and need to tweak your rest slightly. There is a lot of good info in the technical forum, which I put to good use friday and have my broadheds flying absolutely beautiful now.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

My new GrizzTricks have a slight hiss to them, but its nothing that is going to affect them hitting the deer. As for the accuracy issue,probably a minor tuning problem, and minor because its only 1" which should be able to be helped fairly easily.