HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What to do in this situation (real, just happened)? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/304234-what-do-situation-real-just-happened.html)

GR8atta2d 09-19-2009 06:26 PM

What's the chances of being caught out there in the dark?

I'm not one to advocate trespassing but sometimes laws get in the way of ethics.

I go recover that deer...and no ones the wiser.

dprsdhunter 09-19-2009 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3446867)
I had a talk with the GW, last Friday.

Go get your deer. NC is a state that you have to be told IMPLICITLY that you CAN NOT trespass......for it to be an offense. It also has to be posted (for you to be charged).

I'd go in....all ninja.

Good luck.

There is your answer. GMMAT wouldnt post it if it wasnt true.

I understand how you feel about tresspassing. Most of us feel the same. The guy let you look once so I would think that as long as his wife doesnt know things will be fine.

Once again-after reading GMMAT's post -Go get your deer

OHbowhntr 09-19-2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by pwrsrtk350 (Post 3446817)
Really?

I want to recover a deer just as bad as the next guy, but I dont want to break the law doing it.

In all HONESTY, with that attitude, I don't believe you are a sportsman with the best interest of our sport at the forefront.

I have no problem with trespassing (breaking the law) to recover a deer, as I owe it to that animal to do my BEST to recover it and use it as it was intended for me to use it. For me NOT to do that because of MAN'S IGNORANT LAWS, is for me to break what I believe is one of NATURE'S LAWS, which are, to me, more important. :confused0024:

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3446867)
I had a talk with the GW, last Friday.

Go get your deer. NC is a state that you have to be told IMPLICITLY that you CAN NOT trespass......for it to be an offense. It also has to be posted (for you to be charged).

I'd go in....all ninja.

Good luck.

Good Information JEFF, thanks for adding that.

Originally Posted by GR8atta2d (Post 3446886)
What's the chances of being caught out there in the dark?

I'm not one to advocate trespassing but sometimes laws get in the way of ethics.

I go recover that deer...and no ones the wiser.

Exactly as I feel Bob, I think there are too many "laws" that were written by people who don't really have good FUNCTIONAL brains.

GMMAT 09-19-2009 07:01 PM

In all HONESTY, with that attitude, I don't believe you are a sportsman with the best interest of our sport at the forefront.

I have no problem with trespassing (breaking the law) to recover a deer, as I owe it to that animal to do my BEST to recover it and use it as it was intended for me to use it. For me NOT to do that because of MAN'S IGNORANT LAWS, is for me to break what I believe is one of NATURE'S LAWS, which are, to me, more important.
Don't get me wrong.....

YOUR "rights" to recover a deer end at the property line you've been told NOT to cross. While I think exercising all LEGAL facets at recovering a downed deer are commendable......I put the rights of the landowner above any "perceived" "rights" a hunter trying to recover his quarry thinks he posesses.

The rights of a landowner to admit or deny access to his lands shall not be infringed.

It's JUST a deer.

dprsdhunter 09-19-2009 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by pwrsrtk350
Really?

I want to recover a deer just as bad as the next guy, but I dont want to break the law doing it.

I have no problem with trespassing (breaking the law) to recover a deer, as I owe it to that animal to do my BEST to recover it and use it as it was intended for me to use it. For me NOT to do that because of MAN'S IGNORANT LAWS, is for me to break what I believe is one of NATURE'S LAWS, which are, to me, more important.

I do not see it that way at all. The guy is just not wanting to break any law. Seems to me he does have the best interest of the sport in mind.
With GMMAT's post he has his answer.

dprsdhunter 09-19-2009 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3446929)
Don't get me wrong.....

YOUR "rights" to recover a deer end at the property line you've been told NOT to cross. While I think exercising all LEGAL facets at recovering a downed deer are commendable......I put the rights of the landowner above any "perceived" "rights" a hunter trying to recover his quarry thinks he posesses.

The rights of a landowner to admit or deny access to his lands shall not be infringed.

It's JUST a deer.

Thanks for saying that GMMAT and for the way you said it---I could not agree more

OHbowhntr 09-19-2009 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by GMMAT (Post 3446929)
Don't get me wrong.....

It's JUST a deer.

Sorry to hear that, I think you're granting someone more "respect" than I'll ever believe they deserve. It's GOD's Land in my eyes, and I believe he sees it "proper" for me to put forth my BEST EFFORT to recover that animal, regardless of where someone has drawn a line on this earth. That animal that has lost it's life, deserves my best effort far more than some misundertanding, selfish, or ignorant land owner does my "respect" for their "perceived" rights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm gonna HUNT on their land or right on the border and then PLAN to trespass, but if I kill an animal and it runs further than expected and onto someone's property, they can very much EXPECT me to come and retrieve that animal, as I'm a firm believer I owe that animal that respect and effort. If they disagree, then they can call the law, and I'll tell the LAWDOG the same. Right by MAN's LAW and by "Nature's LAW" may be 2 different things, but that's the way I am, and it ain't changing any time soon. :party0005:

MAN's LAW says it's okay to MURDER a BABY in it's mother's womb for any irrational reason she may think up as an excuse as well, but I'll never agree with that one either!!!! :cry:

superstockbigblock 09-19-2009 07:16 PM

You need a law like Iowa, we can cross the boundary without a weapon to recover the animal, no permission needed.

GMMAT 09-19-2009 07:27 PM

It's GOD's Land in my eyes, and I believe he sees it "proper" for me to put forth my BEST EFFORT to recover that animal, regardless of where someone has drawn a line on this earth.

Good luck in court....with that.

That animal that has lost it's life, deserves my best effort far more than some misundertanding, selfish, or ignorant land owner does my "respect" for their "perceived" rights.

Landowners in the US don't have "perceived" rights. They have ACTUAL rights. You have whatever the law says you do......and nothing more.

When we **** on the rights of the US landowner to protect it.....we've spit on our forefathers.

So....can you also walk through my yard....and into my home....and help yourself to my fridge....if you're hungry or thirsty (if my land is posted....or I've told you to keep out)? Tell me where that strays from what you're talking about.

1shotkill1993 09-19-2009 08:01 PM

Pretty sure in Va if the deer goes off your property while your tracking, you have the authority to go ahead and keep going.

But if I was in your situation, I would go ahead and recover the deer anyways. Who cares if she bitches