Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doe #2!

Old 09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by buckmasterRob
I appoligize if I cam off as rrude I was just trying to help her make better judgement in the future we have all been there in the beggining of our hunting career I can remember I would hunt and shoot anything that walked because I thought I had to impress my friends and show them that I could kill every deer I seen but I learned in a hurry that was no way to go about my hunting I am 26 now and have been only harvesting mature deer for the past 5 years and already I can see a stronger and healthier deer herd,you dont have a litter of baby hogs and butcher them at 30 pounds you wait patiently until they are at the proper weight,I will say it once again congrads and a nice kill im glad to see a woman out hunting but was only offering you a tip the end results will be well worth there weight in gold.I never once said it was about the antlers I am a meat hunter to but if I am going to harvest one its going to be mature and sure to fill the freezer half full I dont go for that there more tender crap.I hope you arent offended but thats just the way I see it.
As I see it, no body here is out to impress anybody, but maybe you. You say you are 26, well start acting like it.
Jenna, congrats on your 2nd doe of the year. Don't let this yahoo make you think any diiferent.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by KYDeerHunter03
Seriously, do you not have anything else better to do with your time than come on here and bash people for the way they do things just because they are not comparable to your standards?

My family needs to have a full freezer, and I am in no place to start being picky about which doe to shoot. If a nice doe comes walking within range and offers an ethical shot....she is going to take an arrow or bullet. I am by no means a "trophy hunter" and it does me no good to try and manage a farm when all the surrounding neighbors shoot everything they see. That doe I shot weighed 104 Pounds dressed...and is a very nice sized doe in my book.

As for spending money on arrows, broadheads, tags ETC. I love the sport and would gladly spend money to keep myself adequately prepared to harvest deer legally and ethically. And as such I feel that it is MY money that I spend and until it becomes your money then I really dont believe you have much of an opinion on how I do things.

Take Thumper's Advice and apply it not only here but to everyone else's posts you interrupted. Thank you.
You tell'em!! Like I said. I hope i can shoot/hunt like a girl the rest of my season! Keep stackin'em Jenna!!!