Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
rangefinder question. >

rangefinder question.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rangefinder question.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default rangefinder question.

I was looking at the nikon realtree 550 rangefinder. It says it goes out to 550 yards is that 550 on a deer or a tree or a brite orange sign. I know some rangefinders have lower ranges on deer then say a tree. What do you think of this range finder
Old 09-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

gotta read about it...most have "reflective range" and non-reflective range...reflective items will read out farther than non...

size doesnt matter a whole lot from my expirence...
Old 09-18-2009, 04:51 AM
Fork Horn

I have the rangfinder and honestly on a deer amount the most that u are going to get is about 400-450. Where I hunt is hard to even find shots on deer that are over 300 yards, so it works great for me. In rare cases I have been able to mark yardages out to 780yards in the evening, i dont know if fog was setting in or what.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks. 400 is more then enough for me most shots will be under 150 since i will be shotgun hunting this year next maybe 250 with a good muzzelloader
Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Spike

I also have that same range finder, and so did a buddy till he left it on a picnic table at an archery range. Nikon makes some good stuff, and I'm really happy with mine. I think the farthest I have hit is in the 500's on a telephone pole, but I shake too much to get any further.