Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy's 3blade

Old 09-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default Muzzy's 3blade

Anyone use these broadheads? I started bowhunting last year and bought 3 packs from walmart and they shoot good out of my bow,just about 3 inches low from my field points,I adjusted and now they are spot on.Wondering what everyones thoughts on them are? Anothe question,are they sharpe enough straight out of the pack or should I sharpen them? BTW,im shooting 100grs.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the muzzy's and have had no problems with them. They come out of the package razor sharp. If you practice with them I would sharpen them before you hunt as the targets are sure to dull them a tad...
Old 09-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the muzzy for many many years and have never had a problem with them at all. I know there are a lot of new and good looking broadheads out on the market now, but I have just stuck with my ole muzzys and will continue to do so.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second that. Muzzys are very tough and as long as they shoot spot on with your setup your golden. Mine for some reason shoot about 3-4 inches higher than my field points so I too have a seperate yardage tape for them and for me they are dead on accurate out to my max 80 yard mark which is awesome for any fixed head. They go through bone very well and even though bone chews the blades up some times (will do that to any bh blades tho) I've never had them mangled or broken. I've always shot muzzys and have no complaints whats so ever and I'm sure you won't either as long as you put it where you need too. WCL
Old 09-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

O as far as blades I always take 3 of them and put two together with blades and one together with the practice blades. Those are always my practice ones. The rest I save for hunting to save on blades. If your one of those guys that must hunt with the bhs you practice with then just swap the blades and touch up the tip when you decide to hunt. You can always buy just the blades to so those 3 packs of bhs should last you a long time. Another reason I love muzzys! WCL
Old 09-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys for the reassurence..Can't wait to whack a big doe with them!!! Good luck to all!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

What have you all found to be the most effective way to sharpen the trocar tips? Just a plain old file on the edges?
Old 09-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Spike

yea...or a regular old electric wheel grinder...if you have one...i wouldn't shoot anything other than a muzzy!