Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Safety harness help!!!?? >

Safety harness help!!!??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Safety harness help!!!??

Old 09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default Safety harness help!!!??

Ok here it is all, I want to get a safety harness cause I would like one that is a little more comfortable than the ones that comes with my stands. I need to know whats one that aint gonna completely break my bank account, I mean honestly Im a college student and you can only give plasma twice a week lol. So anyone know a good one that is pretty cheap?
Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use the Tree Stalker by Hunter Safety Systems. Picked it up on sale for around $70 if I am not mistaken.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know this is bad but I do not wear one. I can tell 99% of those that come with the stands are probably more dangerous than not wearing one. There was a guy that used one of those who fell out of his stand and was hanging only 5 feet off the ground. He figured he would cut one of the straps and just fall the other 5 feet. when he cut the strap he fell a couple more feet and the strap came up tight around his neck and did an internal decapitation and killed him. I have heard alot of good things though about the Hunter Safety Systems. If I ever would buy any, that would be the one.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Hunter Saftey Systems, Gorilla, or Seat-o-the pants, are all god systems. Here are a few from Available at Bass Pro. Cabelas would have roughly the same line.
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...=TOP_SEARCH_GO
Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

I wear the hunter safety system. I have fallen out before and never plan on it again.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

Muddy Outdoors makes a great system as well. gomuddy.com