HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Long lasting targets (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/303502-long-lasting-targets.html)

killzonearchery 09-12-2009 08:51 PM

Long lasting targets

What target do u all use that last a lond time? I have had 8 targets in the past year and they just dont last. I jst bought the morrel super shot i think and a couple ppl have said its a good one. what target go u all like becuase i no most of us shot alot

Arjuna 09-12-2009 08:59 PM

Bag targets are great for field tips. I like Rinehart for broadheads.

my7pointmonster 09-12-2009 10:44 PM

You really can't go wrong with just about anything morrel makes, you just can't shoot the same spot over and over. Just use your brain and shoot all over the target and you'll get the entirety of the use out of the products you purchase... And it seems to be a get what you pay for type concept especially since you've bought 8 in the last year even if they were all only $20 a piece that's $160 so that's a quality reinhart target.

End result is you get what you pay for.

Ryan.

mauser06 09-13-2009 03:40 AM

a bag will last a VERY long time for field points...if you get one that has replacable covers, you can replace the covers periodically and it'll last forever....the insides of them really dont deteriorate at all..

for broadheads...good luck. broadheads cut...theres just really nothing that will really do GOOD with broadheads...i like the cheap 20-30$ hard foam targets that are like 2-3" thick...life is decent...and price isnt bad...and instead of pulling the head back out backwards, you can unscrew it...that makes it easier than pulling a head out backwards...and you save a little wear off your target....then when you got one wore out pretty good buy another and glue it to the new one...i used the clear wrap made for securing items before you move...like plastic food wrap but it stretches and holds pretty well...it worked and with the 2 combined the life has been decent..i used the plastic wrap so i can undo it and rotate them each different ways so i can shoot different spots...works for me...

killzonearchery 09-13-2009 07:48 AM

yea i bought 8 and did no pay a little for them. I bought a boar target and in 5 days i shot threw it. i bout 4 deers and shot throught them all in a month. i bought a regular block did the smae thing. the rest were cheap tho,but i had a full range thats y i bought all the deers and stuff and just they dont last

treestandsnyper 09-13-2009 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For field tips...Spyderweb targets. They will stop any arrow dead in it's tracks, arrows can be pulled out by wrapping 1 finger around your arrow, and believe me these targets can take a beating.

my7pointmonster 09-13-2009 09:30 AM

What do those targets run? Do you know off hand?

Ryan

treestandsnyper 09-13-2009 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3439374)
What do those targets run? Do you know off hand?

Ryan

I have the S 2.0, It measures 24" x 24" x 12"...weighs: 38 lbs and sells for $150. It has a deer vitals pic on the other side of the target as well.

killzonearchery 09-13-2009 02:39 PM

yea ive heard those are really nice targets and thats whta my pro shop uses in his range