Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Long lasting targets >

Long lasting targets

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Long lasting targets

Old 09-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Long lasting targets

What target do u all use that last a lond time? I have had 8 targets in the past year and they just dont last. I jst bought the morrel super shot i think and a couple ppl have said its a good one. what target go u all like becuase i no most of us shot alot
Old 09-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Typical Buck

Bag targets are great for field tips. I like Rinehart for broadheads.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

You really can't go wrong with just about anything morrel makes, you just can't shoot the same spot over and over. Just use your brain and shoot all over the target and you'll get the entirety of the use out of the products you purchase... And it seems to be a get what you pay for type concept especially since you've bought 8 in the last year even if they were all only $20 a piece that's $160 so that's a quality reinhart target.

End result is you get what you pay for.

Ryan.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

a bag will last a VERY long time for field points...if you get one that has replacable covers, you can replace the covers periodically and it'll last forever....the insides of them really dont deteriorate at all..

for broadheads...good luck. broadheads cut...theres just really nothing that will really do GOOD with broadheads...i like the cheap 20-30$ hard foam targets that are like 2-3" thick...life is decent...and price isnt bad...and instead of pulling the head back out backwards, you can unscrew it...that makes it easier than pulling a head out backwards...and you save a little wear off your target....then when you got one wore out pretty good buy another and glue it to the new one...i used the clear wrap made for securing items before you move...like plastic food wrap but it stretches and holds pretty well...it worked and with the 2 combined the life has been decent..i used the plastic wrap so i can undo it and rotate them each different ways so i can shoot different spots...works for me...
Old 09-13-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea i bought 8 and did no pay a little for them. I bought a boar target and in 5 days i shot threw it. i bout 4 deers and shot throught them all in a month. i bought a regular block did the smae thing. the rest were cheap tho,but i had a full range thats y i bought all the deers and stuff and just they dont last
Old 09-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Spike

For field tips...Spyderweb targets. They will stop any arrow dead in it's tracks, arrows can be pulled out by wrapping 1 finger around your arrow, and believe me these targets can take a beating.
Attached Thumbnails Long lasting targets-400-familypic.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

What do those targets run? Do you know off hand?

Ryan
Old 09-13-2009, 10:54 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster
What do those targets run? Do you know off hand?

Ryan
I have the S 2.0, It measures 24" x 24" x 12"...weighs: 38 lbs and sells for $150. It has a deer vitals pic on the other side of the target as well.
Attached Thumbnails Long lasting targets-400-s2_0pic.jpg  
Old 09-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea ive heard those are really nice targets and thats whta my pro shop uses in his range