Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Remington Tree stands?? >

Remington Tree stands??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Remington Tree stands??

Old 09-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Remington Tree stands??

hello all,
i am looking to buy a remington tree stand from wally world and i was just wondering if you had or have one what your opinion is of them?? and just for anyone using a stand out there what do you like using best to get up to your stand?? screw in steps is what i was thinkin...like or dislike?? so far all i have used is ladder stands so this is my first "mobile" stand...thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Spike

Screw in steps work so do the ladders that strap to the tree. I use both and like them equally.. I've seen the stands they look fine to me, for the price why not..
Old 09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

i got the remington climbimg sticks and there nice
Old 09-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Spike

I bought a remington stand at bass pro about ten years ago and still have it. Its a great stand and very sturdy. I don't know if they are still made the same as they were ten yrs. ago, but mine has seen alot of trees!
Old 09-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just put up a remington stand and it seems pretty good. I used to buy the screw in steps, but this year I tried the remington ladder stick and I love it. It isn't near as much work as screwing those steps in.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:20 AM
Spike

At one time, Big Game made the Remington tree stands. Don't know if they still do.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Remington Climber, a little on the heavy side but works great for the price.

For hang-ons I use climbing sticks or rapid rails. I may put up one stand (that I won't move) using screw-ins, but only as a last choice.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could be wrong but Walmart usually doesn't change anything except the name. This years flavor is Remington, I'd bet the climbers are Gorilla and the hangon stands and steps are Ameristep.