Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
'09 pronghorn pics! >

'09 pronghorn pics!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

'09 pronghorn pics!

Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

very cool pictures Greg!! Glad Rob could still shoot straight after our night out on Friday night before he flew out!LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is Awsome congrats to you both i really know its hard to get one with a bow..CONGRATS..oh and what outfitter did you guys go out with?? Im looking to go out in a year or two..

-NICK

Last edited by BOWHUNTER818; 09-10-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool. They are an awesome looking creature.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

thats great! both of you took p and y antelope! congrats
Old 09-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Awersome guys well done. I wanna do that next year.. congrats again
Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Host of Hosts

Greg you guys need to submit that double pose to the Bowtech website.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTER818
That is Awsome congrats to you both i really know its hard to get one with a bow..CONGRATS..oh and what outfitter did you guys go out with?? Im looking to go out in a year or two..

-NICK
Nick,

I CANNOT stress enough how incredible our outfitter was and the whole experience of being in his camp!! We booked with Doug Miller outfitting (www.milleroutfitting.com) and I'm not sure I can hunt with another outfitter ever -- the bar has been set EXTREMELY high!

We got in early, and he immediately took us to get our archery and conservation stamps and had us in blinds within an hour -- something which we did not expect, but was a very pleasant bonus. He explained that the weather was perfect and he wanted us to be able to maximize our hunt.

The meals were awesome (prepared by Doug's wife), the accomodations comfy (including a huge flat-panel t.v. for us to enjoy, a pool table, and a you've-got-to-sit-in-it-to-believe it electronic massage recliners to lose yourself in after a long day's hunt).

They gut, skin and cape out your goats for you and a huge walk-in cooler is on the premises to hang your meat in until you decide to work it up. He had a Foodsaver vacuum sealer on hand for us, as well as razor-sharp knives and he would sharpen them between each use for us.

After we cut up our meat and vacuum-sealed it, he had several chest-type deep freezes to freeze your meat solid before your trip home as well.

After we had all tagged out with our bucks and for the several guys who bought extra doe tags, we had an extra day at our disposal before flying out. Doug and his antelope guide -- a guide's guide if there ever was one -- loaded us up into their trucks and drove us over to Devil's Tower so we could see the nation's first-ever national monument.

After a very cool time spent sight-seeing, Doug and guide Billy Hudson drove us over to a nearby town where most of us had bison burgers or cheeseburgers -- and picked up the tab for our entire party! Totally unexpected, and way first class!

On the way home, he took the LONG way home through the countryside utilizing gravel roads for 90% of our return jaunt. We saw an incredible array of big game, including a plethora of pronghorn and a nice mixture of mule deer and whitetails.

If you're looking to go in a year or two, I'd suggest reaching out to Doug pretty soon... he has never advertised, yet he books out a couple years in advance.

PM me if you have further questions or need additional details.

Last edited by Greg / MO; 09-10-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulation guys, Looks and sounds like a top notch hunt. I may have to give them a call for next year.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to both of you, great pics!
Old 09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Banned

Congrats guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.