Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Blow Up

Old 09-10-2009, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arrow Blow Up

I was about to shoot bow last night and nocked my first arrow and shot. And bam, the arrow blew up in my face. I felt some of carbon hit my neck and I asked the fiance if I was bleeding and I was in one spot but not real bad luckily.

I think it was the arrow from the night before that I jerked badly on and hit the fence but it looked alright after I inspected it. I was pretty freaked out after that happened. My kisser flew off too and my G5 peep sight is out of wack. I have to go to the shop today and take care of it because my season opens on Sat.

Just a reminder for everyone to check out their arrows for any "bad spots" . Next time I will just throw that arrow away I think.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lesson learned the hardway Noah. It could have been alot worse since you dont wear glasses.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

WOW, npockat32, glad to hear you are all right. That sounded kind of scary. Who knows what could happen in a case like that, especially if you would have had a broadhead on and it hit you somewhere. I had one break cleanly in half one time while shooting at a turkey. The fletch end fell to the ground under my tree and the rest hit about 10' from the turkey. It took me a little while to figure out what happened. Lets be safe out there.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

If that ever happens again where you are unsure of an arrow (carbon) even after looking them over, bend them while holding up to you ear a couple times and listen for a cracking if you don't hear anythign it should be ok but ya never know. WCL
Old 09-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you are ok Noah. Could have been much worse.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah it could have been. Now off to the archery shop at lunch to put a new kisser on and to adjust my peep sight.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Wow man glad to hear your ok... I'm inspecting my arrows first thing this afternoon!!! Glad it wasn't any worse than it was...
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad you are ok. Just like GT says..."Flex it First"
Old 09-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Flex test your carbon arrows from time to time. If you hear any noise, trash the arrow.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ive never seen a arrow explode and hope i never do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.