Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Do you ever pee... >

Do you ever pee...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you ever pee...

Old 09-10-2009, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
I get your arguement but the truth is people aren't in the woods every day with them.
Yeah, that could be true for some areas but the properties I hunt have lots of human traffic, I mean on a weekly if not daily basis. If I was hunting some remote region, I would probably be more cautious.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Spike

urine breaks down into the same pheremone as all other animals after about an hour so it makes no difference...thats why it attracts bucks when you pee in a scrape...sorry if im bein vulgar but i have actually peed of the side of my stand ha...i had deer in the field and didnt have a bottle...none of them spooked! * i use scents every time i hunt but i never hang it right off the ground i always hang it somewhere on the stand or tree im hunting in that way it acts as a cover scent and an attractant. doe in estrous is much stronger than the scent of the human body..at least i think so!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no desire to carry a Gatorade bottle into the woods just to pee in. I am assuming those who do will have to put it back into their backpacks and empty it out back at camp or by their vehicles? I sure hope none of them ever has a spill in their backpacks! LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Steve863
I have no desire to carry a Gatorade bottle into the woods just to pee in. I am assuming those who do will have to put it back into their backpacks and empty it out back at camp or by their vehicles? I sure hope none of them ever has a spill in their backpacks! LOL
1! HAHA...i think i'd rather fill my waders up than have a peed in backpack
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I pee whenever I have to go. Idk if it affects my hunting or not. I do it anyways.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

I relieved myself beside a feeder that last day of the season last year. The next day when we went around to check the feeders that feeder was the only one completely empty, so apparently it didn't bother them. I still don't take the chance despite this and I carry an empty bottle in my pack rather than peeing out over my stand. I know the one time I do I will have a monster show up, wind my urine and spook out of the area. I try not to let any scent behind. We do not eat what wild animals eat so therefore our waste will be different in smell and that is foreign to what the deer experience on a daily basis.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I pee out of my stand all the time and it has no effect at all on the deer. I even dumped a #2 out of my stand. That on the other hand did effect the deer that day!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

i pee nearly every time im in my stand...right out of my stand...

i do scratch the leaves away from the base of the tree so it doesnt make as much noise....but if im sitting more than a few hours, im peein!! i drink ALOT through the day....i aint holding it in or going in a bottle or anything...just not needed IMO...movement is what will bust you...gotta time your pees right! lol...

ive had many deer sniff the area i peed into and none alerted...the one time a deer DID alert was when it sniffed my pull up rope i left hanging that evening for some odd reason...it sniffed it and jumped...i thought that was odd...but then realized i touch it daily without gloves and its 1 item i never sprayed down....lesson learned...