Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
QAD Ultra Rest Problems >

QAD Ultra Rest Problems

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

QAD Ultra Rest Problems

Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default QAD Ultra Rest Problems

I was at cabelas a few weeks ago and bought a QAD ultra rest. I've heard that the drop-a-way rests fly better and dont ruin your fletchings like the WB. I watched the instructional video over 3 or 4 times to get it set up and it looks like I did it right but my fletchings are still hitting.

Im gonna say sorry ahead of time for not knowing what everything is called so I will try to explain them.

From the eye it looks like the rest part (that the arrow goes onto) is parallel to the flat part of the bow and When I pull all the way back the two little line things are lined up perfectly. I think the lines are what determine if your rope is to tight or not tight enough.

When I shot I noticed that the back end would move when in flight. Me being only 14 and not knowing everything on arrow flight, I figured that was normal with the rest because my arrows still seemed to go where I aimed. But then a few days later I noticed the U shaped rest thing had a bunch of white stuff from my arrow fletchings so I knew that the fletchings were hitting.

I have a bow shoot tomorrow with a friend and if I had to I could switch back to the WB real quick for the shoot. Do you guys think you could help me by then or should I just wait and take it to a archery shop?
Old 09-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Typical Buck

Default setting up a qad

this might help you out;

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tech...away-rest.html

it helped me.........

Frank
Belgium
Old 09-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You may save a few bucks going to Cabelas, but the extra $ the rest would cost at your local pro shop* is worth it- they have know how to get you set up correctly from the get-go. Learning by doing is good, but when you are at a point where you don;t know if things are screwed up or not- time to consult someone who knows.

Also- that "white stuff" could be residue from a foam target that is on your arrows-as you draw the bow it gets on the fleece- this is common.

* GOOD Pro-shop-not all are created equal
Old 09-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JeffB
You may save a few bucks going to Cabelas, but the extra $ the rest would cost at your local pro shop* is worth it- they have know how to get you set up correctly from the get-go. Learning by doing is good, but when you are at a point where you don;t know if things are screwed up or not- time to consult someone who knows.

Also- that "white stuff" could be residue from a foam target that is on your arrows-as you draw the bow it gets on the fleece- this is common.

* GOOD Pro-shop-not all are created equal
The reason I thought it was the fletchings is because my odd colored fletching is white and its the one that would hit the rest.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You need to shoot **** (odd) feather up on a QAD (or any other drop away)
Old 09-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, thanks, that really helped. The arrows still seem to be swaying. Some of the fletchings started wrinkling a little bit when they were hitting the rest before. Could that be why the arrows are still swaying?
Old 09-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure that the rest is coming up in the last 1-2 of the draw cycle, timing is critical with this rest, made all the difference when I set mine up.

Shane
Old 09-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

As said make sure the rest is coming all the way up in the last .5" - 1" of the draw. Also you may need to try the taller u shaped rest portion to get more drop
Old 09-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Okay thanks guys. I checked it and it seems as if the rest gets all the way up in the last inch. Its shooting much better.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

whats swaying?? the arrows??

how bad are your fletchings wrinkled??? ive had some pretty bad...heck ive had some half falling off and some missing and they arrows still shot true...

my guess would be if the arrows are doin the swaying would be a tune issue from switching rests...did you tune after you put the new rest on?? once the rest timing is correct, you gotta tune it to get it shooting well again...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.