Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Got a new release and started hitting my arm >

Got a new release and started hitting my arm

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got a new release and started hitting my arm

Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Got a new release and started hitting my arm

Hi I just bought a T.R.U. Ball Super Singer release yesterday and for some reason I have started hitting my arm. The only other release I have shot with was my Free Flight which I have used for the last 15 years. I never hit my arm with the Free Flight but cant figure out why I would start hitting my arm now. Any help would be great.

Bob
Old 09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fgdcd View Post
Hi I just bought a T.R.U. Ball Super Singer release yesterday and for some reason I have started hitting my arm. The only other release I have shot with was my Free Flight which I have used for the last 15 years. I never hit my arm with the Free Flight but cant figure out why I would start hitting my arm now. Any help would be great.

Bob
i would say either you are somehow gripping the bow different or somehow that release lengthened your draw. those would be my first guesses. what made you switch releases?
Old 09-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

I have been shooting the same Free Flight for 15 years and it is starting to slip when I draw back. I almost gave my self a bloody nose one time. So I figured I would try a different style and really liked it at the shop when I was trying it.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

like i said i would make sure your grip hasnt changed. and check that the release hasnt affected yer draw length. Does the release have a longer shaft to the jaws than your old free flight? sounds to me like this could be the problem.