Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
06 Hoyt Powertec or 05 Bowtec Tomkat >

06 Hoyt Powertec or 05 Bowtec Tomkat

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

06 Hoyt Powertec or 05 Bowtec Tomkat

Old 09-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Spike

Default 06 Hoyt Powertec or 05 Bowtec Tomkat

I'm new to this site and shooting a bow. I don't know much just trying to learn some and do some hunting. My dad has a 06 Powertec 60-70 # draw and a 05 Tomkat 50-60 # draw that i can get for deer hunting. I wanted some opinions on which is everyone thinks is better. I am comfortable using either so what do you guys think is better.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Which ever one fits you better and you are more comfortable with.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Spike

yea that's what eveyone told me i think i might get the bowtech but i wish it had a higher draw weight. does either have any problems that anyone knows of?
Old 09-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

All bows are going to have problems one way or another, theres no way around it. Think of a bow as a car. Its got moving parts and youre the engine to move the parts, theres the first problem. Anything with moving parts is going to have problems and is going to need to be maintained at a high level. I havent personally heard anything bad about either bow really. Of course I have never shot either one of the two bows you have listed. I have heard the Hoyt Powertec is a great bow though.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:10 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the Powertec and love it! It is smooth, and very accurate. Last winter my team tied for 1st place in a indoor 3d league and most guys were shooting a bow considerably more expensive. It has served me well in the field also. It is not a speed bow however, so if you plan on shooting a large expandable you'll have to crank up the weight.

I dont know anything about the bowtech though, it could be a great bow.