Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Muzzy Broadheads >

Muzzy Broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Broadheads

Old 01-24-2002, 12:48 PM

Default Muzzy Broadheads

I see that a lot of you on this website like Muzzy broadheads. I've never used them, but I do use the Rocky Mountain Supreme 100 grain 3 blade broadheads. Looking at the Muzzy and the Rocky Mountain in the package, I can see little difference between the two. How does the Rocky Mountain stack up with the Muzzy?
Old 01-24-2002, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Muzzy Broadheads

I can't comment on the Rocky Mtn. but I would like to say that I am a Muzzy shooter, and have just went from the 3 blade 100gr. to the 4 blade 100gr. It is a smaller cut, but you get an extra blade. I have found the 4 blade to fly alot better than the 3 blade. On Tuesday I killed a deer with the 4 blade and was very happy with its performance.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky mtn makes excellent broadheads for sure. I have tested many of them, and they are where very good to excellent. Their snypers are my favorite mechanical head. I shoot muzzy fixed blade heads for several reasons, mostly becuase of their excellent quality, strenth, accuracy, and the way they go together. No other broadhead of has done better than Muzzy in my tests, and very few have done as well, the rocky Titainiums are the only replaceable blade head to do as well.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 01-27-2002, 02:32 PM

I have been shooting muzzy's for the last three years & will be switching to a new brand this year. I have found a problem with muzzy that I don't like. I tend to shoot broad heads most of the year for target practice, & the broad heads tend to collect moisture. Then the tip rusts a little onto the barrel. Then one third of the treaded portin of the barel breaks rendering the barel useles. I will be shooting interlock this season as they are almost the same as the muzzy. (I know, if I took the broad heads apart every day & wiped them down, I would't have this problem, but I'm lazy)!
Old 01-27-2002, 07:08 PM

I like muzzy & have shot for 10 years with no problems. the only other head I would consider is the TI 100 by rocky mountain.
Old 01-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

you mean to tell me there are other brands apart from muzzy out there lol