Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
octane hostage rests >

octane hostage rests

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

octane hostage rests

Old 08-31-2009, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Default octane hostage rests

anybody have any experience with these rests? positive or negative, im tired of rebuilding my junk dropzone was thinking about one of these octane rests
Old 08-31-2009, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

I have used the Pro version, it was nice, easy to setup. some people have had issues with the brushes wearing out easily, I did not have that problem, on mine or the one that my wife uses.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

The Hostage is a good rest. I like it better than the W.B because of the lack of contact with the fletching.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have owned the Hostage and Hostage Pro. The bristles will not hold up to constant shooting. Although I am a Bowtechie, these rests do not meet their normal standards. The concept is fantastic (per Rev comments about fletching contact) but the bristle material needs improving.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by kwilson16
I have owned the Hostage and Hostage Pro. The bristles will not hold up to constant shooting. Although I am a Bowtechie, these rests do not meet their normal standards. The concept is fantastic (per Rev comments about fletching contact) but the bristle material needs improving.

I ordered one in for a friend and set it up, I did come with multiple bristles.

I've had mine for the better part of a year and although I don't shoot that particular bow on a constant basis, the bristles are holding up.

I understand they reestablished new bristles on them since the original concept to address that issue.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

I just go my hostage pro in the mail today. The bottom center bristles are black compared to hostage pro that is currently on my bow which are red.

I'm not sure if these bristles are just a different color, or if they are suppose to be more durable.

Wayne
Old 09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
Spike

I have hand one on my 82nd for 1 year.No probs good rest!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had one on my general last year with no issues at all and I have another on on my captain this year, again with no issues. Both had/have the red bristles.

I think it is about a perfect hunting rest.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

My son has one on his Diamond, great rest, he shoots it a lot and shows no wear what so ever!