Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Whats an 07 Bowtech Tomkat quality and price? >

Whats an 07 Bowtech Tomkat quality and price?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whats an 07 Bowtech Tomkat quality and price?

Old 08-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whats an 07 Bowtech Tomkat quality and price?

Hey guys, I am going to look at an 07 Tomkat tomorrow. The seller said that he picked it up last year and only hunted with it a few times last season. It comes with a hard case, whisker biscuit, scott
release, and 16 new carbon arrows. He wants $425 for it.
I am wondering if this is a good quality bow? How does it compare to Mathews/Hoyt? Also does this sound like a good deal for the price? I was trying to price them and people are selling them from $250 for a bare bow, up to $550 for a whole setup.
Any input would help me out. Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 10:14 AM
Spike

These bows are really nice. A friend of mine bought one new in '07 and has been hunting with it for the last couple of years. I think he paid $550 for the bow set up (not counting the case, release and arrows).

I shot his a few times and it is very smooth fast and acurate. I think that it is a pretty good price for this bow. But I would say shoot it and see how it feels to you.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Spike

i had the 06' tomcat 60-70lbs and it was a great bow for the money, it wasnt the same quality as a top of the line bowtech but for half the price i never had a complaint. bow shot awesome and i put close to 2 thousand shots through it i got a new commander last season but i kept the tomcat as my backup.

$425 isnt a bad price for that setup but make sure it fits you well you can pick up a new combo bow for that price setup and brand new that might suit you better so i would look around first i personally would rather buy something new and not have to worry about its past. with that said i think if you like the tomcat you will not be dissapointed