Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone Use Scott Releases? >

Anyone Use Scott Releases?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone Use Scott Releases?

Old 05-15-2003, 06:56 AM

Default Anyone Use Scott Releases?

I was looking to buy a new release and have taken interest in Scott Releases such as the Mongoose and the little goose, and some of their double caliper releases. First question, Is their a benefit to having a single caliper release compared to a double caliper? And are these releases durable and stand up to a beating? And finally are they comfortable, is there a difference in comfort between the buckle strap and velcro strap?
Old 05-15-2003, 07:15 AM

Default RE: Anyone Use Scott Releases?

Mr. Hardwoods.....
You have made a good decision to go with a Scott release.
Are you shooting loop or string??

I shoot with the little goose and it' s great. Small, comfortable and single caliper.
My preference is a single caliper release......on part moves and that' s it.
Two caliper release you have two moving parts (not sure the proper names) but you never know which one will open first and is more prone to catching the string or breaking. One caliper releases have no other choice but to open.

Little goose is also very smooth and has nice machining.

Old 05-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I own the exact same Scott release. Best money I have ever spent. I am on my third bow with the same Scott release.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:39 AM

Tech29 I shoot with a string loop I am really leaning towards the mongoose or the ltlle goose. Many they just look like tough little releases
Old 05-15-2003, 07:40 AM

Little Goose.......my opinion.
Old 05-15-2003, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t really have a comment toward double or single calipers. I have used both but prefer the double. Someone has mentioned that you don' t know if one of the calipers open before the other on a double. And that may be true in some cases. However, the consistancy of the caliper is of equal importance. curently, I am shooting a rope release off the string and am happy with it.
As far as the velcro vs strap. If I have a choice, I' d go with a strap. Opening and closing velcro in the woods absolutely drives me nutts! I always try to stay velcro free in the woods.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:15 AM

I' ve had a Mongoose for 4-5 years and it has been flawless . I have big hands and the little goose was too small to me. I am extremely confident with this release. It has never accidently opened or anything else and I have it set very light (you can blow on it and it' ll open). Also I would go with a buckle . They are much more comfortable and consistant. Velcro' s are noisy and not as consistant........by that I mean you can have them tighter or looser everytime . With a buckle you use the same holes every time you put it on... Just a thought !! Good luck !!
Old 05-15-2003, 12:10 PM

Does Scoot make a special buckle for the little goose?
Old 05-15-2003, 02:15 PM

I shoot the little goose and I am on my 4th bow with the same release.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The lil Goose is a great release. I have 2 and never have had a problem. Very smooth trigger. Easily adjustable. I prefer the buckle strap. I' ve used both & once the buckle strap stretches, it will fit the same every time you put it on.

Quick Reply: Anyone Use Scott Releases?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.