Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Camo pattern for Alaska >

Best Camo pattern for Alaska

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Camo pattern for Alaska

Old 08-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Spike

Default Best Camo pattern for Alaska

I am new to Bowhunting and need to start gathering some gear together.

I know there is never one universal pattern for camo that will work in all environments (just ask soldiers in the Army). But what would be the best and most versatile pattern to use? That is until I can afford to purchase more gear.

Plus is there anybody on this forum that hunts anywhere near anchorage? I live in Anchorage and I am looking for someone experienced to go hunting with, if your willing to take and teach me.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

wog, I really like the Cabela's Outfitters Camo with the berber fleece. I've used it from Kodiak to Prudhoe Bay and it is warm, breaks the wind out good and has a nice universal pattern that blends in most locations. Make sure to get the windsheer, I had a set of pants with it and without and the difference was incredible.

Make sure whatever you get to go with fleece or wool. Cotton kills up here.

I'd start talking with some of the guys on base that have hunted for a few years and see if they would be willing to share some information or take you out. I know a lot of guys that were getting ready to PCS up here already had some great hunting areas figured out from guys that were heading out.

*edit* I presumed you were in the army or airforce from your post which is why I reference talking to folks on base.

Last edited by ArcticBowMan; 08-28-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am just throwing this out there as a suggestion, but I bet Predator camo would work out well. Awesome pattern for pretty much anywhere!

Shane
Old 12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
Spike

After looking at the Predator Camo, which pattern would you suggest?
Old 12-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned

For this time of the year

Old 12-22-2009, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in your search. I would be much more concerned with what the garment is made of rather than camo pattern. As has been mentioned Wool, windsheer, and fleece would be a must....absolutely no cotton...anywhere.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Cabelas Berber Fleece with the Wind Stop is some Good Stuff.

I would be confident in Predator also. I really think it will work just about any where.

Dan