Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Hunting Naturally >

Hunting Naturally

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting Naturally

Old 08-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I think it turned out good for my first bamboo bow. Not near as nice as yours. No nice flowing lines. It is fast. I am shooting 165fps with a 520gr arrow.

I have so many cuts on my arms and hands, you would think I got in a fight with a cat. This knapping stuff is addictive. Problem is, I am having a tough time finding a good place to do it. Glass shards everywhere. Do you have any of that georgtown chert down your way? I have just been working with TV screens and whiskey glass so far.
I always did it in my shop and just sucked everything up with my shop vac.

Ive got lots of flint on my land but not sure about the glasses. If I ever get back into it, I will go straight obsidian. But like you mentioned, it eats your hand up. It is truly an art. The most frustrating part of it all was getting it to nap even and balanced. I could get a decent looking point, but had grief getting it to spin right. I guess that is why they are so expensive to buy.

By the way, I will be P.M.ing you some pictures of the few hackberry staves that survived the ant attack. Which every you like Ill send your way. I might just have to trade you for a fast flight string.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:08 PM
bigcountry

No problem. Like I said, no big hurry on the hackberry.

I have 3 garages. One for my hog and also where I do most tillering and such. The other I double for two cars and a boat plus have my bandsaw, planer, sander, and tablesaw. Figured glass flying near tires could be bad. I need a separate shop like yours.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hunt naked.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by rybohunter
I hunt naked.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

The old fashion way? LMAO.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer skin thong and musk ox deodorant for me.