Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow advice

Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
The best bow for you, is the best bow for you. What I mean is, what is best for me, might not be best for you. In todays market, its hard to find a bad quality bow. so Id suggest going to a proshop and shooting several and find the one that feels best for you, and in the price range you feel comfortable with.

I might be showing how long its been since ive delt with compound, but Highcountry use to have great bows for a nice price. It might of been called Bigcountry, I cant remember. They were older Hoyt models made by the company im trying to remember. So they were actually Hoyts made by this company. Kind of like Weatherby vanguard rifles and howa. Same gun, different name.

I agree...you have to find what fits your likings the best...shoot a bunch of them and make your decision off of that...most pro shops have a great selection at varying prices
Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Diamond line of bows would be an excellent choice IMO. One in particular called the Razors Edge will not break the bank and you get alot for your money with this setup. I believe it is retailing for around $350. Large range of adjustments for draw length and draw weight. I think this is one of the best "reasonably priced" bows on the market. Helped my girlfriend pick a bow and after shooting a Mission, a few Fred Bears this was the best choice. As stated above, the Hawk series from Hoyt is another great bow for the money. Good luck bud, shoot them all and pick what feels right to you.

Shane
Old 08-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
The best bow for you, is the best bow for you. What I mean is, what is best for me, might not be best for you. In todays market, its hard to find a bad quality bow. so Id suggest going to a proshop and shooting several and find the one that feels best for you, and in the price range you feel comfortable with.
So true burniegoeasily you have to shoot what feels good to you. The name on the bow means nothing if you dont like the way it feels to you.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Spike

thanks for the advice. I do plan on shopping around and shooting some different bows, just looking to see what everybody else thought about what is oout there today. I bought my current bow in 1992 and it has been through hell, dropped off cars, broke several strings and so on. it has outlived its usefulness. it's very noisey and not very fast. looking forward to updating.