Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Anyone else running behind this year? >

Anyone else running behind this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone else running behind this year?

Old 08-26-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone else running behind this year?

Just recently moved into a new house have tons to do including getting ready for hunting! I did not put any cam's out this year still did not move a stand I need to move nor have I went and inspected all my stands. It will all get done...guess better late than never but just wandering if anyone else is my shoes? I have a new Captain that if I do not get shooting I will be useing my General this year again not that there is anything wrong with that but damn just not enough time in the day,week,month or year!
I plan on getting my stands done next weekend hopefully Saturday. At this time hang a cam or two and get Mr. Captain shot in! Gosh I am usually primed and can't wait till season but this year I find myself not overly excited. Just bogged down with crap to do! Well this did me good to vent a little bit now I think its time for bed!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

isnt hunting supposed to be a sport that you can just get away and relax??!! LMAO good luck ull get er all done
Old 08-26-2009, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

My husband and I moved back in November, and we have still yet to get our stands from the old spot we had - not a real ggod one - to our new spot right by our new home. We are planning on doing it this weekend, hopefully we don't put it off. It may rain and that could get messy as the spot the stands are in now turns swampy when it rains. Good luck to you, the passion will come back as soon as you get all that pain in the neck "moving stuff" done. I know how you feel.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck ya I am behind. Like yourself we moved back to Wyoming about 11 months ago and had a house built and it was just completed three weeks ago. I have been making our furniture for the new house (Dinning table, end tables, etc). I am also making our oldes daughter a bunk bed. We just had our third child last week. I have been out of the office at work for two weeks on training and vacation for the new baby. I am in a new state and will have to get back in the rythm of mule deer hunting open spaces and high timber. Unlike hunting the Nebraska tree patches inbetween corn or crops. I usually sign up for the deer contest but it has been so crazy I forgot. I could keep going but you probably wouldn't want to hear it.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm way behind this year for some reason. My son is really into little league baseball and we played up until the middle on June and are getting ready to play fall baseball. I've benn shooting a little and the Drenalin is still spot on so I'm not that worried about my bow but my drive is lagging behind. Hopefully once October gets a little closer I'll start feeling that pump. Good Luck.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah, I'm behind too. We had our second child, a daughter, at the end of July and preparing for that consumed most of the early summer. I've been shooting a bit, but nothing like I normally do, and I don't have any stands hung.

I've had trail cameras out for about a month now, and I'm starting to slowly pull them in as I have all the info I can get from them. I haven't washed any of my clothes yet. I'm revving up to get some stands hung in the next few weeks and then MD starts up on the 15th. Pretty soon it'll be game on whether I'm ready or not.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am in good shape with the hunting aspect of things. The only thing that I am way behind on is wood cutting. I will be busy this coming month with that. Bow hunting Ben is ****ed and locked. Provider and father Ben is a knucklehead.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I'm not exactly up to speed this year either. Was laid off the first of the year and have been working two jobs almost seven days a week to make up the loss, so not much time to get out and shoot, scout, or anything. Just put a new drop away on my bow and wrapped and fletched some new arrows but have only had a day to try them all out!! Some how or another things will work themselves out.... I hope anyways Good Luck to everyone this up coming season!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im behind. We didnt get our food plots planted this spring. We had to take my grampa 70 miles south everyday since turkey season to get raditation and chemo treatments for his cancer. Then after the treatments were over he wouldn't/couldn't eat so he got even sicker. So after he started eating he is now back home and we're gonna try to plant some winter wheat and see how that goes. Luckily i only needed to hand one stand as i hunt out of my climber most of the time.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definately a bit behind from where I normally am this time of year. Have been very busy and not around much over the past month. Trying to make up for some lost time now.

Shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.